Friday, January 29, 2010

{Christmas in Vancouver}



After our fun day in Salt Lake we headed out early the next morning to Vancouver, Canada. The weather was off and on good or miserable. Two parts of the drive we were defiantly thanking the Lord in helping us through it. Jon did all the driving and I am so glad he did. Besides the frightful moments we had there were some really beautiful parts of the drive too. Overall I would never do it again in the Winter unless I absolutely had to. The kids did really good with the drive. It's help having a DVD system in the car (which I don't think I will ever buy another car without one). but I will say at times Alix was tired of watching movies, but if she was home she wouldn't be complaining. Something about being forced to watch movie after movie doesn't apeal to her. But we did read fun Christmas books, Car Bingo, got some small presents during the drive, sang, played car games and ate many snacks.

Here's everyone in there pajamas!



Alix practicing her spelling. These scramble Cheez-its are the best especially for road trips. They entertained us for a while : )


When we finally arrive to Vancouver the kids were so excited to see everyone. This was the first time we got to see Grandma & Oupa's new place. They still have their other house for a rental investment, but this one is completely wheelchair accessible which was very much needed for Grandmas M.S. (multiple scleroses). It's not too far from the old one which means they are still in the same ward & a bit closer to everyones work. This trip I can't believe how generous everyone was. Everyone spoiled us and treated us like a Royalty. I guess that's what happens when you live so far away and have family that love you so much. Sometimes I wish I could put all the people I love in one town, so I would never have to say goodbye for too long.

Don't hold your breathe cause it's a long one
HERE WE GO . . .


{Grandma's WAter Bottle}

Emberlynn found Grandmas water bottle the first day and she was convinced it was hers. Grandma thought it was so cute and kept telling me that she could have some. Emberlynn loved Grandma for that cause she loved her water bottle. Grandma would do anything for these little girls even give them her only water bottle when Grandma can't even get water herself. That's love : )


{IN HEAVEN}

I love looking at Grandma's face in this shot. This is how she looked the whole time we were there. This was the first time she saw Emberlynn. She couldn't fly when everyone else came down to visit so you can only imagine that she was in her own little heaven with these little ones.
One Proud Little Grandma,
One Happy Little Granddaughter!

It's getting harder for Grandma to move around one of the many reason why they bought this lovely apartment (I picked out the colors by the way). Grandma can not be easily transferred from wheelchair to wheelchair making it very difficult to go anywhere with out the Handy-dart or Taxi that she can just wheel right into. The Handy dart was on strike so unfortunately if she wanted to go anywhere, church, places or anywhere she had to get a Taxi and they are not cheap. I think it cost her $50.00 to go to church on Sunday. That's dedication I say. Grandma has a very strong testimony of the power of prayer that we all love and admire. Grandmas has been very positive and happy. She gives really good advise and is always thinking of others needs.

{WHERE'S EMBERLYNN?}

While we were there Grandma & Oupa got a new washer and dryer. Emberlynn loved it and would climb right into the washer. What a hoot. I'll tell yah!
Again Grandma thought it was so adorable!

{FEEDING GRANDMA}

Grandma loved Alix feeding her. Alix thought it was really fun too! Alix is such a wonderful helper!



{AUNTY AMY}
Princess & the Frog

Amy took me and the girls out to see "Princess and the Frog" The girls absolutely loved it. Addison is obsessed with having me and Jon pretend we are frogs and she is the princess who has to kiss the frog and she laugh like crazy and has yet been able to kiss us. I guess she would fail if she was in the movie.


{VAN DUSEN GARDENS}
One night the Soll Family (Jon's Aunt & Uncle) Treated us to the Van Dusen Gardens. We have been to these Gardens before but never saw it during their Festival of Lights. It was beautiful. It rained the whole time, but it didn't bother anyone because we were having so much fun!


Here are a few Greeting Cards since I didn't get any out this year. Sorry everyone I still love you all!



KISSING UNDER THE MISTLE-TOE
(the middle shot is my favorite)





Decorating Cookies at Auntie Jacqui's House


No comments: