Tuesday, April 15, 2008

EXAM BLOCK WEEK

Every two months or so Jon has what's called Exam Block Week. It's were he has exams all week long and we really don't see him much that week or the week before. After two days into Exam Block Alix was getting so mad that Jon was leaving before she woke up. You see she absolutely loves her mornings with her dad. It's tradition they wake up and eat breakfast together and read books or watch television together. Alix loves this and refuses to have me get up and do that. Jon loves that Alix loves her mornings with her dad so much he always tells me to lay back down and he'll get up. Unfortunately this means Jon never gets to sleep past 7am. So back to what I was saying early Alix was getting really mad and upset that Jon had left with out having their morning ritual. So we would have to get on ichat and have a video conference and talk about how horrible daddy was for leaving. This really hurt Jon's feelings so during his busy schedule during Exam Blocks Jon took some time off to make this movie for the girls to watch when they woke up. This book is one of our favorites thanks to The Behunin Family who gave it to Addison for her Birthday. Jon doesn't know that I am posting this video so let's see how long it will stay on my blog. I figure he never checks anyones blogs anyway unless I tell him too. If you are reading this Jon. I love you and your the best daddy ever! P.S. It may be better to scroll down my blog and turn off the back ground music so you can hear the video better.

9 comments:

Nate said...

Andrea,
Jon's singing is so beautiful! How nice of him to do that for his girls!! What a good daddy. By the way my email is jeppsue at yahoo dot com. Hopefully that makes sense, I didn't want to just write it out! Later,

Susan

Julie N said...

That video idea is so sweet! The girls are lucky to have such a thoughtful daddy : ) I hope you dont take the video off right away... I want Bryan to see it and he'll be home later this evening... he he he : )

The Behunin Family Story said...

I love it. Jon how sweet you are. I must say your choice in books is excellent.

Anonymous said...

very sweet. I love it. The girls are very lucky.. Jon your very thoughtful.. I hope your girls keep this with them for a long time..

Angela said...

That is one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. What a fabulous daddy!!! I'm glad I get to read your blog now. This is just amazing. Your blog is beautiful and so fun.

Hiatts said...

oh my gosh, what a great dad Jon is. That video is priceless!

Joy said...

Andrea - that's darling. Jon - what a good dad you are. Good for you for making time for your girls despite your crazy schedule. You guys are amazing. :)

Adrian and Danell said...

Way to be Jon! Very cute!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Oh, how cute is that. I love it. Jon you are awesome!! That was really cute Alix is so lucky to have you as her dad.