Wednesday, December 29, 2010

{BLUE is our NEW FAVORITE COLOR}



You heard that right!!!!!


WE'RE HAVING A 
BOY!!!!

Due Date April 16th


I feel like I need to apologize for not announcing I was pregnant on my blog earlier. The lame reason why is I get so behind on post and lame me like to post everything in order and then it seemed like it never happened and then I never got around to it.  By all means I wasn't keeping this a secret. I am really bad when it comes to secrets that's the reason why my family tells me NOTHING! : )


We were so excited to find out it was a BOY { I totally started to right girl by habit : ) } Days before I bought a rotisserie chicken and found a wish bone. I made a wish and gave one end to Jon and pulled and what do you know . . .  My wish came true! I think that was the only time I was wishing for a boy. Even though I thought yeah this maybe a boy this time, I hit myself and though REALLY WHAT ARE THE CHANCES! So basically if you asked me what I wanted I always said, "Whatever pops out." My frugal side thought, "BOY (pun intended)  .. . I really like getting use out of my girl stuff and I don't have to buy anything." But my heart would think how much I would love to see my husband raise a RUGBY BOY {however I'm not sure I approve of that sport. It's so dangerous, maybe football where they have helmets and pads : ). listen to me .. I can be such a protective mother and who knows maybe my boy with be just that spoiled rotten. Only the future will tell. 


Weeks before the Ultrasound I looked up the Chinese Calendar and it predicted I was going to have a BOY. I said, "What do the Chinese know. " I then looked up all three of my girls and what do you know . . . The Chinese KNOW AND WERE RIGHT. 


During the UltraSound the lady asked me if I wanted to know the sex of my baby. I sad, "Yes" then she continued asking me what I already have, "I replied 3 girls" she then exclaimed "Well then LET'S HOPE FOR A BOY." After having to wait for a long period she said in a strong middle-eastern accent "well I think you are going to be happy!"I didn't really understand and didn't want to get my hopes up until she finally said "It's a boy" instead she said "It's the PENIS! lol" You know normally after your ultrasound they give you these wonderful pictures of the foot, hands, side profile no instead I GOT 6 PICTURES AND FOUR OF THEM WERE OF THE PENIS! I think she was more excited then me.


When did we start planning this pregnancy and did we try to conceive a BOY? Before we left Vegas I was praying about a particular decision and the answer came back to me, "forget about it and think about  having another baby" I was stubborn cause I felt like I was under a lot of stress with the move and because I knew I get sick didn't' want to deal with that during the move and the moment we got there. I stubbornly waited 3 months and finally went to the Lord and said, "I'll give you one chance." (I really didn't want to get pregnant right then I wanted to wait till December} and well He took it and blessed me  with a healthy little boy. and the answer is No we didn't try anything different, in fact I just looked up when I was ovulating besides Jon thinks it's a bit Mythical. Me on the other hand I like to believe the Lord knows best what we need and when we need it. I can't imagine my life without my three girls. I will be having to practice not saying "Let's go girls" I guess I will be saying "Let's go girls . . . and oh little guy" When he's older I maybe getting some looks from him. Until then he will have to be patient with me.


About my pregnancy . . .As most of you may know I get really sick with all my pregnancies. My sister Danell only got sick with her  girl so I was HOPING THAT WOULD BE TRUE WITH ME! 


The moment I conceived I felt so sick and wanted to vomit. I immediately took it as sickness not as a sign I was pregnant and there it began at the beginning and do you remember I DON'T HAVE A DISHWASHER and smells get to me and anything that may look a little grouse.  Let's say were not saving any rain forests right now and fact were killing everything off and we might be getting fined for it : )




The first time I felt him kick was when I was making chili for our Halloween Party October 30th. I was so excited cause it's more of a reality that I'm having a baby and all my sickness is worth it. Not only was I sick the moment I conceived but I was sick 24 hours which is really unusual for me. Normally I would get sick starting at 3 or 4 pm. But felt energy and good in the morning. For most people after they puke they feel better. In my case not so much. I feel the opposite so I try not too but I just can never keep it done. 


The grouse thing is I start to hate to puke in the toilet, so I would rather puke in a lined trash can, outside,   in a random bush, on the street hanging outside my car, anywhere other then the toilet.  I have even puked in the sink and clogged that and the bathtub and clogged that too. The sad thing is I wasn't always successful about making it to the toilet. I seemed to always get to the bathroom, so I would be puking my hands (even worse) EVERY-TIME... my loving husband would quickly get old towels and clean it up EVERY-TIME. He really does love me cause I hate puke more than anything. The smells and all. Jon would do this for me AND HAS NEVER COMPLAINED ONCE. 


How am I doing TODAY!  Great I am no longer sick and I have my energy back. I started feeling this way 6 weeks ago. Again this is the long time I got sick too. I always knew my body didn't like the extra estrogen, but had no idea how much it hates testosterone.  And quickly I don't know if this had something to do with my pregnancy but I take the pregnancy card for it. I was very emotional and mood swingy.  Just ask my husband. Jon however was really patient with my moods and I feel like my emotions are getting better cause BOY . . . : ) . . . did I cry over EVERYTHING. I'm sure the stress of moving to a new place  and that new place so happen to be NY near the city (like that wouldn't stress one over anyway) But hey we are blaming the pregnancy and pretending I'm a COOL NORMAL HUMAN BEING OUTSIDE OF PREGNANCY!


Now Where to Begin with all the Shopping?
because my BOY will not be caught dead in the color PINK!
(well let's hope not!)





11 comments:

thegatewoodfamily said...

so excited for you guys! We just found out we are expecting a boy too! Hope you will continue to do well with your pregnancy and still be able to keep up with three girls! I have a hard time keeping up with the one that I have, I can't imagine 3! Congrats!!

Gloria said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! You are kind of the opposite of us, we had 3 boys and then a girl! Hope you enjoy your little boy as much as we enjoy ours. Glad you're feeling better! When is your due date?

Brett said...

The Chinese were right with Milly too! Cute post! Cant wait to go shopping with you in person!!!

Season and Isabella said...

LOL at the ultrasound lady! That is awesome! I am sooo excited for you. I really wanted #2 to be a girl and do the matching dress thing etc, but I soooo love my boy. They are awesome! And plus you already get to do the matching dress thing - you are so blessed! :) Love you!

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am SO excited for you guys! You'll have just the opposite of us- we have 3 in blue and only 1 in pink! I wouldn't trade my 1 girl for anything, but I have absolutely loved my boys- the way I see it- girl clothes are more fun to shop for, but the toy section is so much cooler for the boys! Get ready for trains and trucks! Loves and hugs!

Julie said...

PS My husband Matt wants to say you have a great due date- that's his birthday! :)

Melanie Olson said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! Boys are loads of fun!

Adrian and Danell said...

We love boys here!

Tami said...

YAY!! I am so so happy for you guys. That will be so much fun. I can't wait to see pics of the little guy. Congrats!

Joy said...

OK - I guess this was the post with the news...I was just a little behind. Again, congratulations. Boys are awesome. And...don't dress him in pink....ever. :)

Mandi Roth said...

Congrats!!! I'm so behind on blogs. But catching up. So excited for you guys. :)