We can't all be Stars
But we can all
TWINKLE!
This year for the Annual Girls Day Camp the theme was "Olympics" tide in with the Scripture in Joshua 1:9 BE OF GOOD COURAGE, doubt not fear not.
The Stake had 4 classes and our Ward was in charge of one of them (Developing Talents) Anyway because I wasn't going to be able to attend the actual camp I volunteered to do the handouts. (Well I got lucky and Kristy helped finished them with me) We made 80 handouts total. It's a wooden star we bought at Michael's and stuck a pin on the back of it and hung the quote from below with ribbon.
Anyway I have always loved this quote and I was really excited to use it. I think at times we think we can't do something or try something new unless we are instantly the best at it or just mediocrity at it. We should never think that way. Heck if I thought that I would be nothing right now, cause I am not perfect at anything. Some of my talents I have I am only so-so at and the ones that I think I am really good at I can still name tons of people out there who are better then me at it.
As for the so-so talents I continue them cause I merely enjoy doing them and every once in a while I can get something perfect (well in my eyes that is) and it satisfies myself that I continued doing something that I was only so-so at.
“And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them” (Ether 12:27).
So I hope all of you out there who wants to try something new but afraid of failing, or the person who is feeling a never ending progress of developing a new talent.
Don't stop*, Hang in There*
You'll Get it!
*unless you absolutely hate it : )
Do things that make you happy!
1 comment:
Such cute handouts! You are so clever!
Post a Comment