Friday, June 3, 2011

{A Beautiful Easter Morning}

On Easter morning I woke up and looked out my window and saw this . . .
Since living here I haven't seen such a beautiful morning with heavy fog and the sun trying it's best to break through all of it. It was stunning.







The day before Easter we dyed our Eggs!




I think Emberlynn was purposely trying to break them so she could eat them. 
I think she broke a full dozen of eggs this night. But no problem cause I used those to make a traditional Eggs Benedict in the morning.





This year tried tried a roll on paint. It was fun for the kids to use but a bit sticky. We found in the morning the ones we rolled on where still sticky too. They did turn out really pretty though.



Here is a series of pictures of Emberlynn Painting her eggs and then deciding to Eat the dye and then sticking her tongue out at me and basically saying, "No I will not listen to you mom I like doing things I'm not supposed to do. "
I still love MB.



Here's the girls after finding their baskets. 


Poor Mason wasn't too excited at this moment.


Addison & Alix were in their own competition to find the eggs while MB was in Lah-Lah Land.






EASTER DINNER WITH SISTER JONES
After church we had a wonderful Sunday Easter Dinner. We had Sister Jones over who is a widow in our Branch (There are 2 Sis. Jones and I like to talk about them both so this can be quite confusion). She loves to cook! She says if she's cooking Italian then she an Italian, if she is cooking French then she is a Frenchie, Mexican then she is a Mexican. I love hearing about her Heritage and the life she grew up in. Her mother was a slave and told about it. I admire Sister Jones for being so strong and brave. When she joined our church a year ago her daughters told her she would have nothing to do with her since they were from a strong Catholic Heritage (which Sister Jones herself taught them to be).


Anyway she has found much happiness in her new faith and we are so proud and glad to be such good friends with her. She loves my children very much and cooks for us all the time. Her food is DELICIOUS.  This Easter day she cooked a Traditional French Style Easter Dinner. VERY VERY YUMMY. I also cooked because I really didnt' think she was going to cook up entire Sunday Dinner by herself but she did, so we had so much food  : )





And to Wrap up our Easter. 
Yes, and MB still loves Mason very much!

1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

What a fun Easter. I love all your pictures. Those have to be the biggest baskets ever!