Jon is the YM's President in our Branch that was once small is getting large. As long as Jon is off of work he attends mutual. Well it always seems like he always miraculously gets off on Thursday so he can attend. I have to say sometimes I get jealous of the YM at times for getting my husbands attention, but then I have to say if he wasn't working or hanging out with us serving in the church is not bad thing.
One night Jon came home and Addison was upset about something. To give you some background I was extremely sick the month of December and went to the ER twice. I have never been really sick and wonderful sisters were taking my girls so I could rest. To continue Jon decided to invite her to YM's with him. She then asked if Alix could go too. (At first he wanted some alone time with Addi and thought that is what she needed but felt why not) So he took the girls on a school night to YM's. (this never happens). That night the YW were making gingerbread houses and my friend Christy who is the YW's President invited my girls to join. Seriously this was the best thing in the world for these girls, especially for Addison. The girls were so happy. On the drive home Addison asked Jon if I was going to die. The light switch came on and we figured out why Addison was acting the way she was acting, quiet, upset all the time. We reassured her mommy was going to be okay and will be back on my feet soon that I just needed time to rest my body. (I had Viral Bronchitus and was having hard time breathing).
Anyway I am grateful for Jon that he listened to the sweet spirit and invited Addison along that way we could address the situation. I am extremely grateful for wonderful friends who served me in ways I hadn't even thought about.
No comments:
Post a Comment