Wednesday, July 31, 2013

{Playing Catch-up}

Okay first of all on the catch-up post is Alix and her school protect that she made. She was so excited to use moms' art stuff and create poster for school. Her study she did was on sleep in conclusion she found out that the majority of 3rd graders on are not getting enough sleep. She is not one of them.
   Next is Mother's Day! I loved my mother's Day. I seriously didn't lift one finger. Jon wouldn't let me. He was so sweet to make my day so relaxing and special. My kids did a fabulous job too! They made such special cards and presents. I loved them all but most of all I love the four kids that give me the reason to be called MOM!


The next thing on the list is saying goodbye to our House in Malverne. Yes we moved like I said earlier. We will miss this house. NOTHing wrong with it what's so ever. NOthing. We loved it we just didn't love the school district. Lakeview fed into the Malverne school district and we had to many incidents that I felt like it wasn't safe and appropriate to raise my children. Which is sad sense the town of Malverne is darling we are just not rich enough to afford Catholic school {that's were everyone goes too rather then the public schools in malverne} and even though we really considered in making it work we realized it would be cheaper in the long run to just move to a better school district, but like I said in earlier posts... Malverne wasn't a wash. It had it's purpose and we are so grateful we came to our Malverne home.

We had so many missionaries {6} and friends come help us with the move! The missionaries even helped clean my house which was even a bigger help and of course along with my Best Friend Christy who always does so much for me. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by people who love to serve. What a great example they are to me.


Here's us trying to settle in. Lot's of work at this point but it's been a while now and we are pretty much settled in.

So much stuff we have. I can't believe how much stuff people have given to us and what people throw on their curb. We laugh and say all the time we should of sold everything before coming here. New yorkers throw everything away.


 We found that Jack and SAndy followed us to our new house :-} Well at least Jack in this photo.


Addison was in Daisies and what a cutie she was. First year doing it. She made so many great friends. Here she is with Grace as their troop marches in the Malverne Memorial Parade.



Here's Brian and Kathleen our great friends in Malverne. They were following Alix and Billy as they walked with the Mayor of Malverne.





This guy was our neighbor two doors down.

I can't believe Malverne has this many fire trucks. We are such a small community you would think 1 maybe two.


Mason loved them!

Loved them. I'm telling you. He was so happy.


 Cutie


We had the best spot cause we saw the parade start and they looped around town and ended near us too. We were excited that the kids had so much fun.


Billy got tired and had to get in the car. Alix stayed with the Mayor though!


Here's Addison holding the flag.

 and her troop


Here's Alix with the Mayor. It's the lady. Alix got to hand out Flags with her and Billy.


The District had a Memorial Day Picnic at Grant Park. They do this twice a year. Here are some of my favorite people on the Island.





1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

It is always fun to be in a parade.