Tuesday, February 18, 2014

{4 Kids and Me on a Plane}

So it's back on the plane by myself with the four kids. This seems like it has been happening a lot lately. It was chaos this time. We left so early in morning and with layover in Chicago and then they canceling our flight so we had to stay 3 hours in the airport it was a wreck. My kids were tired, screaming and Mason and MB thought it was great to use the walking escalators as a toy in a playground. I did cry in Chicago not once but twice. They told I would have to run to make my connection so don't take the stroller, then after delaying it I had not stroller to strap my kids in. I couldn't find a kid playground anywhere in the airport. It was a mess. The airport was so busy there was so seats for us. Finally we just sat on the floor and one of the kids ran behind the counter and found that there was a TV playing kid movies. Why in the heck didn't they tell me that 3 hours ago. Finally piece and quiet...Finally two dead weight kids asleep right before we had to board the plane I could only carry them both while the other girls carried my stuff. 

Even though this happend to me back in August I remember it so clear. I don't think I have ever had such a hard time with no control and to have a million people witness it and have not one say, "could I help you." I guess this makes me more compassionate to lend a helping hand to mothers and others. I guess this experience was for my own good.

Many many prayers this day in such a short amount of time. I embarrassed that I cried, I bet my kids were thinking to themselves, "mom get it together!" hahaha
Not one of my proudest moments. I will say at least this was the first plane disaster I had with kids so I guess I should call myself one of the lucky ones. But yes it would of been nice with Jon.



The best thing to see when kids are sleeping in the plane. My stress levels are finally slowly declining!



But with all the complaints this trip was worth this chaotic flight. I do it all over again. So grateful for a father in law in making this trip happen for our family.

1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

Andrea you are an awesome mom. I still cannot believe no one helped you!