Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Decorating the Christmas Tree 2008


We had a lot of fun decorating the tree this year. I remember when I was younger how much fun we had pretend playing around the Christmas Tree. I remember playing with the ornaments and now that I am a mother I can't believe my mom would let us play around and with the ornaments, but as I think about it I think that's another reason why mother was such a great mom.  It drives me nuts that ornaments are on the floor and all of them are in the middle of tree (I can be a bit OSD at times), but I need to remember as a child those were some of my most memorable moments. I don't want to take that away from my children knowing how excited they get about the Christmas season. So I just need to smile and remember they are making memorable moments like I once did when I was little. 

Alix & Addi having a party on the stool


Putting on the Christmas Star


Kristie, writing this post made me think about you the time when Trenton was about 2 years old and I was in H.S. and he wanted me to draw him a Giraffe. I would erase it a hundred times cause it wasn't perfect and after awhile you yelled at me telling me that Trenton loved the first one I drew. That was actually a defining moment for me, so I need to relax and remember that not everything needs to be perfect and most importantly a two year old is not judging my art skills. THANK YOU FOR THAT LESSON!

1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

I am glad that you are learning that to your kids or nieces and nephews you are perfect!