Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter!

Today I found this video on the church website. It's so beautiful. I would agree with many of you that when I first heard these words last week at General Conference I was graciously touch. I was grateful that they made a video out of it. 

I met Jeffery R. Holland when I was working at Bed Bath & Beyond when I was in college. I remember I was working in the bath area on the computer and I felt an amazing feeling that slowly forced my eyes up and to my amazement I saw him. I walked right up to him and I totally wish I could have gotten it together, but I will admit I was a mess. I felt the spirit so strong and I couldn't get it together, so here I am completely bawling couldn't speak a word, and he said to me. What's your name? Still totally bawling I answered. Then he wrapped me in his arms and held me tight. I still couldn't mutter a word. I just remember thinking how in my life time I always wanted to touch an apostles hand and I did. I really did. Elder Holland told me I was a such sweet spirit and said goodbye. I will always remember the feeling I had that forced my eyes to look up. 

I am grateful that I had the opportunity to meet an apostle of the Lord and better yet to hug one




I am also grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I had an opportunity to attend a funeral a week ago. It was really beautiful. We sang "I Know that My Redeemer LIves-click here to here it" It was a song that my mom asked to be song at her funeral. I will always remember because it was like that song was her dying testimony.

Some of my favorite words in that song are

He lives to plead for me above
He lives to bless me with His love
He lives to hear my soul's complaint
He lives to wash away my tears
He lives to calm my troubled heart
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives. 
I know that my Redeemer Lives.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

That was really beautiful. I was watching on the news last night when we got back from Kansas and they were saying how many people have watched and been touched by that video. Higher individuals from other churches have commented on it and how wonderful it is. What a fun memory you have of Elder Holland. I will also hold dear my letter from President Benson. I learned then that the brothern really do love and care for the members individually.