Thursday, November 11, 2010

{Old Westbury Gardens}

A fun Summer activity we did with our entire family located in Garden City (20 minutes from our home). This building reminding me so much of the Great Gasby, however the Great Gasby was not filmed but many other famous movies were. 
This was another FREE PASS the library gives families to check out once a month. With an Interior Design background I really appreciated all the details involved. I told Jon if only I lived here while I was taking my courses life would of been more exciting and easier for me. Instead in Utah I had to do a lot of traveling and cutting out of magazines.  I am amazed that I am living in a beautiful place where the History of America started. 

I only have pictures of the outside cause no photography was allowed inside the mansion. Which kills me cause I have never seen pieces so exquisite up close and personal. It was amazing, however it does save for a shorter post which apparently I need since we did this back in August.


The gardens were amazing and many of them. If only I was a good photographer this this place would make for amazing photo shoots.


Emberlynn! 
Poor girl looks like she sweating like crazy in these photos.

Addison's  Cheerleading Poses!

Alix isn't shy to pose in front of the camera. In fact she was the one who started all these photos by saying mom take my picture?  CONFIDENCE IS A GOOD THING TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN AS LONG AS HUMILITY IS ALONG WITH IT. (I think I may need to teach that better lol! )


You should see another Post about Old Westbury Gardens here pretty soon. This time with Oupa!

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a beautiful building! I love wandering through old historic buildings like that. Sometimes we just go for a drive into the older neighborhoods around town and look at the beautiful old homes. They seem to have so much character... Thanks for sharing!

The Behunin Family Story said...

I would have loved to see the inside. Too bad no pictures. your girls are beautiful!

Season and Isabella said...

Wow you live so close to so many neat things! I never know what adventure I get to go on when I go to your blog! Beautiful!! And you are a wonderful photographer, I think! I really want to know how to do the multiple picture thing you do on your blog. Is it hard?