Columbus Day Parade
Oupa being here gave us more excuses to get out and see things. He was here for the Columbus Day Parade down in the City so we decided to head out there. Big Mistake. This was the first time I was brave to drive to the City, not sure I'll be up for the challenge again after being cut off several times and one car making a left hand turn in front of me and pushed me to go left and I almost hit a pedestrian. Like I said I don't claim to be an aggressive drive. All I think about it it "please no one touch my car" cause I swear I will be shocked if we leave NY without a scratch or a dent. Jon on the other hand is very much an aggressive driver and too gutsy for my liking. Sometimes it's better for me to just close my eyes and lay back cause I think my blood pressure shoots through the roof when we drive there.
Okay back to the Columbus Day Parade is was a Monday and the parade was about to start and I drove the one spot I knew for parking and reg charging 10 dollars they charged me $28.00 CAUSE IT WAS A HOLIDAY. I think I cried inside the rest of the day. Then we arrived at the parade and it was horrible. Basically it was every Italian in NYC walking the streets. IT was 3 hours too. We stayed for maybe 1 hour and 25 minutes of that was me taking Addison to the bathroom. We then headed to FAO SCHWARZ (the largest toy store) then too Central Park to play. Another thing I learned is you always ask food people how much their hot dogs are cause I just ordered then gave him the money and I paid $3.00 for each hot dog and the next guy got them for $2.00 cause he asked how much they were.
Taking Oupa to the Ocean
We had a lot of fun with Oupa on the beach. It was again a beautiful day. We enjoyed the warmth of the sand and walked a bit of the boardwalk.
Oupa dug a hole for the girls and they loved getting into it as you can see.
The peaceful sounds and sights of the ocean.
1 comment:
Hats off to you... you are BRAVE! I've driven to the Bronx a couple of times and about ended up in cardiac arrest. I've never attempted Manhattan - especially Midtown - before. SCARY!!
You are a brave, brave mama!
Post a Comment