Thursday, January 13, 2011

{Macy's Day Parade}

Yes, I'm still in November on my post.  I keep telling myself I can get do this so here it is.

{ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE DAYS EVER}


Since I have moved here I am really glad that I have not listened too much of what the locals here on Long Island has been telling me. If I have been you wouldn't have been hearing a quarter of these post. Simply cause they all stay away from the City. They thought I was a bit nuts when I told them I was heading to Macy's Day Parade. This is one event I LOVED and somehow we did it the first time RIGHT.


OUR DAY STARTED AT  . .  . . 



THE KIDS WERE TIRED BUT SO EXCITED!


We got into the City at 6:30. We didn't get a front row. I'm thinking you have to be there at 6am to get those seats anyway. I barely think didn't get it and probably could have if I knew what time they would of closed the crossroads and could of got one that way. Anyway we settled for second row which was just fine. The the people in front let the girls go up front so everything worked out great.

Here we are with our Hot Cocoa I prepared in the morning. I think I over packed things meals, breakfast & lunch. Totally didn't need lunch. I over packed on blankets and warm clothing but I really don't regret that. The only thing that could of made this day more perfect was a portable potty for the girls. I took the girls to the bathroom right before and it took me an hour or more. Everything is closed and the crowds are horrendous if you are walking around. So it's best to plop your rump down and wait it out.


The more the people the more I got excited. I knew it was about ready to start. They would have clowns on roller skates go around and get everyone psyched up. It totally worked for me. The moment I heard the music and could see the first balloon I totally started crying. I couldn't believe I was there and all my childhood memories watching the parade came back. Not in a million years I thought I would experience THE BEST PARADE EVER. And to think what I waited years to see my kids got to see while they were young. 

I have always believed that it is better to

SPEND MONEY ON 

EXPERIENCES 

NOT THINGS.



These next pictures are probably too much but I had to post the ones that made me smile the most.


 Sesame Street and their STARS


 The balloons were so much fun to see in person. You really get to see how big they really are and everyone can see them great.




Here are some Familar Faces I didn't have to ask my husband who they were : )

Joan Rivers
Joan Rivers Daughter
Jessica Simpson


 Green Valley High School Band from Nevada was there. We laughed cause seriously what were the chances that they so happened to be playing the year we arrived in NY.

I will say it made us smile and cheer loud for them and of course made me cry again.



Gladys Night (another Green Valley Resident- She's mormon if you didn't know)
other boy bands I didn't know but the teenagers did.


There was a band that we had know idea who it was but some South American Band any their music was really good and even though we had no clue who they were HOLY COW the PEOPLE BEHIND US DID. Jon said he was deaf after that from a little old lady screaming from the top of her lungs! It was fun seeing and hearing everyone get excited and for that day I pretended I was their big fans too even though I had no clue who they were. It was just great being there in the moment.


Here's the SANTA WE WERE WAITING FOR. His outfit was so nice. He looked great!



Here's the Parade Heading down to 
Time Square

BYE, BYE,
 MACY'S DAY PARADE
WE FOR SURE WILL SEE YOU AGAIN!





AFTER THE PARADE
PICTURES


AFter the Pararde we thought we were going to be in a mad house, but Jon had his thinking cap on and parked on the other side of Central Park (very smart), because the crowds were all on the other side frantically trying to get out. We seriously had NO TRAFFIC ON THE WAY BACK.


The bottom right picture of this collage was the traffic for us.  Which quickly diminished and felt like we had Central Park to ourselves. 








Look how empty Central Park was! The City felt so still.



The two littlest ones passed out finally when we got on the other side.
Passed out completely.

Alix started getting tired but we think she just wanted a ride on Jon's shoulders. Jon insisted since I was pregnant that he would carry the load. What a sweetheart!



That was it! 
Our Fabulous Outing to the City to See
The Macy's Day Parade!



6 comments:

Brett said...

I think it is so great that you went, I agree money is best spent on experiences and not things and how fun to say YOU WERE THERE!!!

Joy said...

Pregnant...did I miss something? Congratulations!!! What an awesome day in New York for the parade!!!

Season and Isabella said...

This is so on my list of things to do before I die! HOW FUN!! I loved all the pictures, especially the last one of the parade. Thanks for sharing!

Colette said...

I loved every picture and am so sorry we had to bail at the last minute with sick kids!! Next year, for sure! :)

Tami said...

Wow! How fun. That is so cool to see a behind the scenes look at teh parade. Great pics!

The Behunin Family Story said...

I am totally jealous. It looks like so much fun!