Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Not sure if I want to talk about this PART II

Well I haven't taken pictures of the girls yet and their crazy hairstyles yet, but who know maybe molits and mohawks are back in! So this happened last night right?

Well today I took the girls to the movie and then to lunch at Taco Bell afterwards. The girls BEHAVED PERFECTLY I even text Jon telling him how wonderful they have been. Great listeners, Helpers and everything thinking they really learned there lesson.

Then . . .

After Addison woke up from her nap she decided to take of her diaper and smear the poop in the carpet. That has never happened to me and wish it on no one. Trying the best to clean it up I sprayed it to let it sit in for a bit. Then I cleaned up Addison as you can image she was a nasty mess too.


Then . . .

I went downstairs in the Garage and pulled out my STEAM CLEANER. Thank goodness I have one and was trying to find a missing piece that fell off. When I finally made it in I noticed the girls hands were BRIGHT RED. Addison opened a Crystal light cup spilt it and then decided to pour water on it. This all happened in the Pantry. The only room that has Carpet in it downstairs. It looked like a blood bath.

Wanting to cry I put Alix in one chair and Addison in a highchair (cause she can't get of it) and they have been there for 20minutes. I told them if they talk I start the timer over. I started it at 15minutes.

Whoever said to put a kid in Timeout for 1 minutes times their age was not thinking. That never works. I get what they say about the attention span but I need it for insanity and personally I think it works better. However I have never put Addison in time out this long, but at this point there is no other choice.

During . . .

The timeout Alix said, "Mom can you give me my Book of Mormon, so I can read it while I am in Time Out"

How do you say "No" to that.

After that I wasn't mad anymore!

Feel free to tell me what discipline works for you!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I may be a crazy, emotional pregnant lady right now, but I have had a string of rough days, too. I actually got a little teary when I read your post.

It made me remember that we all have "one of those days" from time to time. Suprisingly enough, it made me feel a little better to know that I was not the only mother out there who is ready to pull their hair out!

Thank you, Andrea, for being brave enough to write about a really bad day. Maybe someday we'll look back and laugh at these times.

(someday... just not today...)

Brett said...

I'm still laughing from that last post. Feel free to send the girls up here. We will take some of the burden off. Also the BOM thing reminds me of when Wayne would be mad at us and you would go grab you BOM and start reading it out loud as loud as you can. In that case I don't think It helped.

Adrian and Danell said...

Funny i thought the same thing as Casan with the BOM. I feel for you, been there done that!

Ember said...

This is why I LIKE YOU SO MUCH! great story. I like the part about the Book of mormon request. She is either really sweet or really smart---probably both!

The Behunin Family Story said...

Andrea have fun. It only takes a minute for trouble to happen.

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

I thought of the same thing with the Book of Mormon. I would just sit there hoping you would put it away because it would make things worse not better.