Thursday, March 6, 2014

{It's the First Day of School}

Magic School Bus dropped off some packages AGAIN! 


And yes if you were wondering Mason doesn't and refuses to wear a shirt at night so we are a bit white-trash in the morning. Hopefully I kicked the happen when he's a little older. Or all kinds of girls will be stopping by our house in the mornings. Hahaha


OOOOOOhhh Alix looks so adorable. I am so excited for our new school too.  It's Ranked 10 out of 10 unlike our last school was 6 our of 10 so I thrilled! We actually were able to choose between two different schools. The one next to us we passed on even though we loved and has the same ranking but one day I took the girls to tour each school. We went to Waverly first {the one we choose} and were shocked how much we LOVED it. even though we made up our minds before hand we weren't going to go to that one. At the end of the tour my kids were so excited and we all felt so good about it. I still told them we needed to tour the other one too {the one that we have friends at} and we did. We prayed about receiving a clear answer and that everyone would feel the same way. As for me the moment I opened the door to the school I knew it was the right fit for our family. I didn't express my answer to my girls cause I wanted to see if they were able to feel it too. We came home and talked about the pros and cons of both schools and knelt in a circle around our train table and prayed that we would know where to go. Happily but not too surprisingly we all raised our hands for Waverly. I love my little family especially when we share such wonderful spiritual experiences like this one.



 Addison is repeating the 1st Grade again. She was the youngest one in her class last year and made the DEC 1st cutt-off by 10 days. She excelled in her 1st grade class at Downing and received all 4's, but for some reason I wasn't comfortable for her to go to college at the age 17. With much tears and prayers and heartaches I made the decision to hold her back. It was crazy when I found out that they weren't going to let me at first but it's not surprising again when they Lord gives you the go He will provide away and he finally soften the SuperIntendant and said, Yes. We he has never let happen but only because he knew our plans were to move out west with the September cutoff. I love the decision I made. Addison is more confident then ever before and I love that this school actually was harder so Addison hasn't been bored at all, {well just a little}.




MB is not going to school but I did put her in Pre-school in January 3 days a week for 3 hours. Boy will Mason be missing her when she leaves her next year. He doesn't like her leaving her for the 3 hours and cries most the days.




This is the best shot I could get with all four. They are so crazy!


When they got home I had cake pops for them. Addison got a new school shirt and had to wear it. They were so happy and loved their first day of school.





1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

I have to laugh that you are just now posting school when my kids are almost done with 3/4 of it! Better late than never I guess!