This Jersey is a South African Springbok Rugby Jersey. It was Worn by two different Professional Rugby Players. One by a Pro SA and the other a Pro USA player and it's sitting on my countertop at home.
The other day Jon went to Rugby practice & he noticed his friend Vaha who is on the USA Rugby Team wearing this Jersey. Anyway when Vaha was playing in the Rugby World Cup against South Africa at the end of the game one of the South African Players took off his Practice Jersey & gave it to Vaha. Vaha knowing that Jon is from South African & a HUGE rugby fan would go crazy for something like that. So Seva, Vaha's wife told me about it but told me not to tell Jon, so I didn't and finally after months and months later Vaha wore it to practice & of course Jon makes a comment about it and Vaha just laughs. Then after practice Vaha throw the jersey to Jon. Jon was way confused and felt bad that he made him give him the jersey. What he didn't know is Vaha wore it that night so he could give to Jon.
Any way I am just as excited about this Jersey as Jon is. Because years ago I surprised him a jersey and he loved it so much.
Thank you Vaha!
And to all YOU SOUTH AFRICAN RUGBY FANS . . .
Daddy Dell, Brendan, Bennie, Nathan, Jared, Kevin & Trevor
Try not to be jealous we'll let you touch it!!!!!
2 comments:
Hi Andrea
Tried to leave a comment on your blog...don't know how and so thought I would email you....Jon's rugby jersey is great.
Nathan and Jared have just finished 4 weeks of rugby skills training - practice every tues and thurs, so it would be great if Jon and the 2 boys ( Ben too of course but he has a torn ACL at the moment and is out of action) could get together for some fun! One day when you are closer....thanks for the wonderful blog - I often go on and see how you are doing. It cheers me up and makes you guys a lot closer.
Love Jacqui
That's cool what a fun story!
Sorry but I have to add
GO ALL BLACKS!!
Post a Comment