Sunday, August 2, 2009

POST COMING . . EMBERLYNN'S FIRST STEP

Last Monday July 27th Emberlynn took her first step, well it actually was three steps. I was folding laundry in my bedroom and she crawled over to me, stood up and walked. I ran downstairs to get the camera, but only got two steps with the last step falling down.

I can't believe is starting to walk. She loves cruising all over the house. It makes me so sad that by baby girl is growing up so fast. It makes me think, should I have another one? :) Well I think I will be waiting a bit longer that's for sure for number 4. I will admit 3 kids is definitely giving me a workout.

I have no idea how my mom did 6 kids. WOW- she was awesome. I remember growing up with my mom, especially in high school. I would walk downstairs to see my mom just because I knew she would tell me I looked beautiful. She would even say I looked beautiful when I had a ZIT on my nose the size of a pea. No matter how she said it, what I was wearing (well as long as it was modest) if I had make-up on or non at all, I believed her. I really did. That comment in the morning gave me the confidence to walk out my door feeling good about myself and knowing that my mother loved me.

It's funny cause I feel like I seek that same approval from my husband; however, it's not always the same, cause Jon tells me a little premature, which is fine. Let me explain, Jon tells me I look gorgeous when my hair is half way teased, sopping wet from the shower, no make-up but hair done, vice versa, dressed halfway, the best is when I got out of the shower & I am looking for an outfit to wear. Gorgeous is the word he uses to describe me. What a funny boy. The part I give him a hard time is when I am 100% finished, and all dolled up. He doesn't say anything, (well I should say 90% off the time) and I will ask him, Don't I look cute today? and he will say "YES" I already told you that.

He always says I don't need all the make-up, fancy clothes, & stylish hair to be Gorgeous. Either he is the best husband EVER or he is trying to get himself out of trouble, either way. I love him tons & even though he's not perfect he makes me happy, smile, laugh, and makes me miss him like crazy when he's gone. (I don't know how I am going to do with him working 80 hours during residency)

Anyway, I don't know how I rambled about that. We were talking about Emberlynn's first step. I guess I was going that I wish I can give the same self-confidence & self-esteem that my mother gave me as a child, a teenager, because it has stuck with me as an adult. And a secret between you and me. Sometimes I feel I can hear her say, "You look beautiful" Maybe that's the other reason why I feel I don't need my husband to tell me all the time. I love you mom!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't believe she's that big, either! Where did the time go, seems like just yesterday we were in high school! (and I was always envious... you DID look beautiful all the time!)
I, too, have wondered how our mothers did it- but I am so glad we have such great women to follow in their footsteps!
PS (I think of your Mom every now and then too... she always made me feel so welcome and loved in your house. Loved her!)