This year for Valentines Day we decided make sugar cookies to a bunch of families to tell them we love them. Instead of decorating the ones for our next door neighbors we decided to have them come over and decorate their own and join in on all the fun! I have always thought those moms who would invited kids over to decorate cookies with sprinkles were crazy and after this I still think that. with only 5 kids we had SPRINKLES EVERYWHERE. I would sweep them up AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN. I was finding sprinkles all over the house days later. So yes it was fun NEXT TIME though I will do the decorating cookie party OUTSIDE. I think that's the only way to do it. I guess I'm complaining and maybe it's okay for me to complain since I'm getting towards the end of my pregnancy and getting tired, but even though all the clean we still all had fun decorating it just requires a little bit more maintenance!
Here's Alix with FROSTING ON HER CHEEK!
ADDISON'S YUMMY COOKIE
{MB}'S COOKIE DECORATING SKILLS! We had to wake this little one up from her nap and her mother (i guess that's me) didn't think about re-combing her hair.
This was the first year I actually made sugar cookies from scratch. I never really was a fan until my friend Stacia brought me some one year and loved her so much I asked for the recipe. Before I attempted the recipe I didn't want to fail. I decided to look up all the secrets in making these precious cookies since I don't claim to be a baker by nature. I rarely ever make sweets but I do go CRAZY FOR THE HOLIDAY'S- Christmas especially. Anyway after reading about the secrets I attempted it. My first batch I didn't roll out thin enough and they seriously fluffed up to a biscuit. I freaked out a bit and rolled the next batch much much thinner. The thinnest you should roll them out. So I guess I did a good job follow the secrets and the recipes cause boy these were fluffy and yummy!!!
Thanks Stacia for the recipe!
Since Valentines Day landed on a Monday night this year we thought it would be fun to deliver our cookies for FHE. It took a lot longer time then expected where it started to feel very inconvenient with dinner time coming and going, but we finished. Jon later reminded me that . . .
"IF IT'S ALWAYS CONVENIENT THEN YOU ARE NOT SERVING ENOUGH"
Jon said that to me one day years back probably when I was complaining about helping or serving someone. The moment he said that too me immediately my attitude towards that service changed. Service is not about me it's about the individual or group of people you are serving. You do it out of love and yes many times I thought about not having the missionaries come over cause my house was not sparkling in every corner or I didn't feel like signing up to feed another family cause I just did it last week, or a service project was taking too long. EVERY TIME NOW Jon has blessed me with words that I ALWAYS REMEMBER WHEN I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE and I immediately stop thinking of myself and my thoughts turn to the individual who is in need. It is then when I truly can feel the Love of the Savior and for that individual.
Here's are the Beautiful Flowers Jon bought me for Valentines Day!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you have great neighbors... keep up the fun!
What a fun Valentine's day. I love that you showed your girls to show love on Valentine's day. Beautiful Flowers
Glad the cookies worked out. I agree the decorating is pretty messy. My boys only get the little bit of frosting on the cookie and then they spend the rest of the time eating all of it. :) I haven't let them use sprinkles just yet...
Post a Comment