The key to eating a black and white cookie, according to Jerry Seinfeld, is to get some black and some white in each bite. “Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate,” says Jerry
Actually it's funny I learned a lot about NY watching that show. Anyway I always wanted to try one. I would see them in the stores everywhere you go, but since I'm not the biggest cookie fan they seemed a bit overpriced in my opinion.
It wasn't until Nancy Jones in our branch stopped buy (she is our kids Grandma figure here in NY), she brought over a box of clementines cause she knows Emberlynn loves them, animal crackers for the girls and for Jon and me a box of "Black & White cookies" I was really excited about the box and was anxious to try them.
To my surprise or I am really getting used to cookies . . . I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THEM!!!! The best kind are the ones laid with fondant then dipped in dark chocolate. Nancy got us the fondant kind and they were to die for. I however see the white glaze everywhere too those I believe have another name for them like Full moons, but a true Black and White cookies with use fondant for the white side. So next time your in NY you will have to try the BLACK & WHITE cookie. I just may have to attempt to make these for my visitors who come visit us here in NY! or maybe I'll just leave it to the professionals!
No comments:
Post a Comment