Tuesday, May 3, 2011

{My Sweet Mason}

This is a picture of Mason when he settled in his crib for the first time. April 16, 2011. He actually is in a bassinet pack and play in our room. Our room is on the main floor and the two other rooms are upstairs so I will admit I'm too lazy to be climbing stairs for nighttime feedings, so he will be chilling with us for a while.

2 Days Old







The first few days home was a bit of a nightmare for me and Jon. No lie I was getting only 3.5 hours of sleep the first 4 days of his life. The first night at the hospital I had a shared room. My roommate decided to watch TV until 4 in the morning or fell asleep with it on. She also would call the nurses every hour and complain she needed more meds or something. She was rude and annoying. My bed was by the door so you could imagine the stream of people always walking next to my bed. Mason slept great this night, but it was my roommate and a million noises that kept me up. I am a very light sleeper.

Jon knew an OB Intern there and she was so kind and got me a private room the next night. However Mason decided he didn't want sleep this night. I tried to go to sleep at 8:00 cause seriously my eyes were bloodshot from the night before. I joked with my dad telling him I felt worse the next day then I did after the delivery. : ).

4 Days Old
When he came home two nights in a row he decided not to sleep. Then I think it was all my pleading that finally he gave me 5 hours at one time. IT FELT LIKE A MIRACLE. Mason is still hit or miss on his sleeping schedule, but at least I'm getting 6 1/2 hours plus now.


Mason is a bit gassy. It takes at times 10 minutes to burp the poor kid and this is very crucial step if you want anything done, or any sleep. Jon is normally my life saver on this. After I feed he changes and burps for me. I love it.




Alix is so cute and had this great idea to make a big banner for Mason to Welcome him home. All the girls helped. I loved the banner. I have this feeling Alix is going to be more artsy and creative then me.




8 Days Old
It's so funny how I think Mason looks the youngest in this picture then my others. Babies change so much I think on a daily base. The thought of him growing up makes me said. Babies are my favorite. They remind me constantly what life is all about. 


 Thank you Baby Mason for coming into our lives. 
You are my 
Miracle Mason!

7 comments:

Brett said...

He is so adorable and I can see some Milly in him as well!!!

Hiatts said...

He is so precious! Good luck with all the new that boys bring! I am so happy he is here and all it well. Hope he can start sleeping better for you!

Julie said...

I'll pray that he lets you get some ZZZZZ's! Such a cutie!

Stacia said...

Oh My Cuteness! Congrats! Wow good work pushing out that big of a baby with no meds! Sorry about the yucky roommate... My Roommate in college slept with the TV on it made me crazy! He is one cute little guy! I'm sure your girls are in love and that you have lots of helpers around!

The Behunin Family Story said...

I think that you have so many cute pictures of Mason and your girls. I am so happy for you and your cute family. Mason will have tons of "little Mothers."

Adrian and Danell said...

I love him! I can't wait to meet him!

Ann said...

What a handsome guy! Most certainly a Dell-he just fits right in! Way to go mom! Hope you are doing great!