A few weeks into school Alix stayed home because she was sick.
Alix's morning prayer went like this . . . .



Dear Heavenly Father . . . . Please bless I can feel better by tomorrow. If not it's okay. I don't mind. . . .
{Here I'm thinking either she really understands the Will of God or she is really milking this sick day.}
Alix is really loving her new school up here in NY. Going from 1/2 day Kindergarten to a full day of 1st Grade really wears her out. She will come home grab a snack then I let her play for an hour then while dinner is cooking we sit down together to do homework. It seems like right after dinner we get showered and ready for bed and sit down and read books as a family. The moment it's bed time she never complains goes straight to bed around 7:30pm and sleeps till 7am. One day I even had to wake her up so we wouldn't miss the bus. Alix going to school has been really bitter sweet to me. Part of me loves this new adventure she is on cause she is so excited to go. I also love having alone time with the two little ones. {I am now discovering who my biggest mess maker is which confuses me a bit cause she is also my biggest helper- so I am enjoying a cleaner home while she is away}
Another part of me is so sad to see her gone for so much of the day. When I registered her for school they told me that she had school from 9-3. I almost fell out of my seat quickly following tears in my eyes. All right in front of these ladies. I knew they went to school for a long time but not that long. And then I found out her bus comes an hour before school starts. So Alix is gone from 7:58-3:16 EVERYDAY. That is so long.
I'm not sure how I would be sending off one of my kids on a mission. I think I know why my mom cried the day my brother left for one and the day he came home. Anyway 1st grade is to warm me up for that I guess.
1ST DAY OF SCHOOL!
A GREAT FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
She did really good got a sticker and she put it on her nose.
Coming Home to Eat her Apple Pop she got from the Magic School Bus this Morning. Her outfit was also from the Magic School Bus.
GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR ALIX!
AND
LET'S HOPE YOU WONT HAVE ANYMORE SICK DAYS!
5 comments:
Cute outfit. I enjoy my kids' sick days so much. I am like, "Are you sure you feel better. Maybe you better stay home one more day, just to be safe." I love that one on one time that I get to spend with them. Reading books (I buy books and keep them hidden until sick days)
My question is why do they pick her up so early?
Alix you are too cute. Have fun at this new adventure.
I so love your magic school bus tradition! I think it is so cool! She is beautiful!
ALix is so big! It makes me sad thinking Cal and maybe Addie will be starting school next year! She is so cute!
Alix is SO beautiful. I just stared at her pictures. She is just growing into such a beatiful little girl. (not that she wasn't pretty before, that is not what I meant.)
It really is so hard having them gone all day. Sounds like she is having a great time. She wears the cutest little outfits!!
Post a Comment