Anyway while we were all sitting around the table outside I had to ask about 9-11. It was AMAZING how everyone there worked in the City and ALL OF THEM had a reason how they avoided it because they were running late that day which was unusal, One had to catch a plane that day (the plane was just leaving the JFK airport when the first plane hit. Also his Law Building collapsed completely and was across the street from the Twin Tours. They continued telling stories about traffic, alarm clocks not going off, something else came up. It was amazing to hear all of these stories. The way they talked I could tell it was because of some greater power.
I'm sure I will hear more, but I wanted to share cause I just got this email from my dear friend Mary today and as I read it I couldn't believe how true it was. Even more amazing how so many people had this kind of story. The Lords hand is in our lives more then we think even in the Little things.
The ' L I T T L E ' Things
As you might remember, the head of a company survived
9/11 because his son started kindergarten.
Another fellow was alive because it was
His turn to bring donuts..
One woman was late because her
Alarm clock didn't go off in time.
One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
Because of an auto accident.
One of them
Missed his bus.
One spilled food on her clothes and had to take
Time to change.
One's
Car wouldn't start.
One couldn't
Get a taxi.
The one that struck me was the man
Who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,
Took the various means to get to work
But before he got there, he developed
a blister on his foot.
He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid.
That is why he is alive today..
Now when I am
Stuck in traffic ,
Miss an elevator,
Turn back to answer a ringing telephone ...
All the little things that annoy me.
I think to myself,
This is exactly where
God wants me to be
At this very moment..
5 comments:
So true! Thanks for sharing that email- it's a great reminder!
I that we all need to remember that Heavenly Father knows all things. It is the little things like you mentioned but it is also the bigger things. I think you are right where you need to be and that would not have happened for you a year earlier. Sometimes it is just a matter of minutes, sometimes it is longer.
Glad you are meeting new friends and being a good little missionary! It is neat to hear their stories!
Great email. I enjoyed that post!! It's a great reminder. Thanks girl. I might steal it and post it on my blog.. Hope you don't mind. :)
I remember exactly where I was when this unfolded. I bet you will feel a great/different closeness to this event living there now. Thanks for this reminder - I love the way you write and express your thoughts- Your girls (esp) are beyond blessed!
Post a Comment