Tuesday, May 8, 2012

{Washington DC DAY 1}

Well after Easter we headed to our first trip to Washington DC. 
We drove by Baltimore and I thought that was pretty cool.




I believe it took us 4.5 hours to get their we headed in some here at Baltimore but other then that getting out of NYC was all good. One thing we didn't realize how many toll roads and bridges are out here.  
Here is our first look at the Washington Capital Building.



We took off I think around 5 in the morning and that allowed us to get to DC before 10. We were able to find free parking the whole time we were there. Sometimes Jon had to move the car every 3 or 4 hours but it was no sweat. We would take free parking anytime especially since we had to pay for all those dumb toll roads I'm not used to paying.



Here's Little Mason looking all cool and laid back. lol

!
 So you can only imagine how many  pictures I took here. It was a really good experience me cause it really got me good at my settings to and to understand them better cause the cloud coverage was crazy and changing all the time and being next to the bright white buildings and with the cloud coverage holy moly there was a lot to think about it. Any way I only posted a small amount of photos and none of them have been touched up in photoshop so here you have it. ENJOY


 I had to include this picture cause this was such a tear jerking moment for Jon and I started reading it then Jon finished it and then I thought I was going to have to take over again. Washington DC is such a spiritual place. You know that the hand of the Lord was with our forefathers throughout this whole time. You would read these things and they sounded like scripture.


We were so glad to be able to experience this and hope to return back when are kids are older so they can really grasp our history of America. Also that way I can read more : )


Alix shot this picture!
I think I have an artist on my hands : )
Too bad I forgot to put make-up at 5 in the morning.








I thought everything was so beautiful out there. It made for such a relaxing first day to really get out and stretch our legs from all our driving.


Here we took a stop and ate our packed lunch. We did so good and never bought anything in DC. We did however for dinner head to Cafe Rio 3 days in a row!


World War II Memorial was one of my favorites.


Alix had this Idea all on her own. I'm telling you she is so creative!



 At this point Jon's moving the car closer to the Smithsonian. So Alix took this picture.









The architecture was so amazing here even in small spaces. It was so beautiful there.



Mason is not supposed to be touching the art. OPPS!


I figure it's outside and birds poop on it so hopefully I won't get fined for someone seeing these pictures.



Look at Mason he was so mesmerized by this astronaut. The aerospace museum he loved so much and was so excited. We kept laughing so hard cause who would of thought 1 year old would dig this stuff so much. This also gave us the idea of  a space theme for his B-day party.



I love when Jon teaches the girls. When I teach them I always have to read everything before I teach. Jon on the other hand starts right away and teaches every segment like he was the oven who came up with it. It's second nature to him. He loves science. So I guess it doesn't surprise me his chosen field.







Our Hotel was a mile away from the temple so it was fun to see it everyday.
I love how the temple rises about all the trees. It's so beautiful. I will show you more pictures.



Not bad for
End of Day 1



1 comment:

Brett said...

I cant wait to go! Also where is that shirt your wearing from it looks so light and cute???