Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer Day Parade



Ever since we moved to Las Vegas our family has gone to the Tri-Stake Pioneer Parade & Festivities. Each year we have fun too. This is was especially fun because we got to participate in the parade. Which I have to say was the first time I got to do that. This year Bishop asked the Primary if we would participate in the Parade or have a Booth. Immediately I agreed to the Parade. Thinking it's easy and we get it done with and can enjoy the rest of the day playing. Well all was true, except the easy part.

First I had an idea that we just have the kids decorate their bikes and then ride then through the parade, I thought that's easy & cute, then I thought I would borrow a play house and put signs on it with words that Strengthen Families.

Then . . . you can only imagine it got bigger and bigger ideas. The best thing is I had so much fun making everything. Alix helped me with tons of the painting. She painted most of the orange signs, the red on the house and the brown roof.

I had so much fun making this float. But the best thing of all was watching the children stand on top of the float with their BIG SMILES THROWING CANDY OUT TO THE CROWD. I think it's moments like those why leaders, teachers, and parents put so much effort in things they do, for that one moment they forget about all their worries and imagine themselves the person they want to become. I like to admit in a humble way one of my talents is creativity; however, I think this idea came from someone above.



I LOVE SERVING IN THE PRIMARY!

6 comments:

The Behunin Family Story said...

How much fun for you and the kids. I love the float! You really have a great talent.

Joy said...

You are amazing, Andie. Having the talent is one thing - being willing to share it to bless others' lives is another. You certainly blessed a lot of lives yesterday. It looks AWESOME!!

Brett said...

Sounds like you did more with Pioneer Day than us in Utah.

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Your float turned out really good. Great job!! Looks like they are all happy and having fun.

Adrian and Danell said...

Super cute!

Stacia said...

The float looked so nice!! You always do such an awesome job! Thanks for working so hard for our kids! And Thanks for letting Tayton ride! He really liked that! We couldn't find any parking so we thought we would miss you! Thanks!!