Wednesday, August 11, 2010

{Tribute to our Fire Fighters!}

After a big day in the city. We had been invited to go to a parade. I really didn't think were going to make it, but when we got off the LIRR and started walking to the car we heard the bands playing and decided to walk one block to watch a parade. Here is where I realized how nasty sweaty I was from the humidity and was hoping my kids really didn't want to stay for all of it. We did stay for all of it and they all had fun. No candy though. There was a big party at the park but we decided it was time to head home. Our neighbor across the street is a volunteer Fire Fighter. Jon would want to volunteer too if we wasn't so darn busy.

Anyway I know 2 otherFire Fighters that is Cody & Riley. So I sat through this parade to show my honor for you guys, my neighbor who I never saw and all the other fire fighters who risk their life daily saving such wonderful people.
THANK YOU!


3 comments:

The Behunin Family Story said...

Firefighters need to be honored! They are true heros!

Anonymous said...

so what, Alix always wants to be a princess doctor, I just want to be a firefighter doctor.

Brooke said...

This is sweet Andrea :) Looks like you are really enjoying your life there. We miss you..