School started September 6th. The girls were so excited. This year I was very much sad especially since this year I felt like I was saying goodbye to my little Addison. I really struggled about her going to Full Day Kindergarten. The cut-off here is Dec. 1 which makes Addison the youngest Kindergarten at her school. She makes is by 10 days. All I ever think about it how I will loose my baby Addison 1 year earlier to go off to college. I know I will cry that day saying, "If only i held you back 1 year, I could of had you for one more year."
Addison however is such a smart tamale that I think that I would be a bad mother if I didn't let her go. Addison is already reading at a 1st grade level. She loves reading and loves to sit down and work. I know she will be great I'm just a mother who is starting to see my babies grow up and I want to keep them babies young forever.
Here are my girls were so excited for school.
Alix made Student Council out here. Here on Long Island that is a big thing. When she came home with the letter I asked her how she got it. She explained how everyone voted 3 times who they think should get it. They were allowed to write down two names. I asked her if she could vote for herself and she said, "YES, but I wanted other people to have a chance to win, BUT I STILL WON!
Watching and knowing Alix I realize that Leaders are born. She is a natural leader and she will do a great job being her classes Student Council representative. Alix is such a happy loving girl who cares so much about others.
There first project was to help raise money for Breast Awareness. During class the Student Council members went and represented their school in a walk holding a banner.
Alix came home and told me that if felt so good helping people.
Little MB will have her big day one day but let's not talk about that. I am glad I get to tickle this one at home for a few years. I am looking forward to my one-on-ones while Mason is sleeping and the girls are at school. That is the positive of older ones going to school for me.
IF you haven't notice all my girls are modeling their new "TWINKLE TOES." I never knew how excited my girls could get about things. And of course if I buy ONE then I have to buy THREE.
I seriously love my girls and wouldn't trade them for anything. They make me smile and I love them.
Here is what the MAGIC SCHOOL BUS DROPPED OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING
Twinkle Toes & First Day of School Outfit. Which I have to say they look so dazzling in.
They also had a To Do List with a Twinkle Toe Keychain we got at McDonalds to hang on their backpacks.
When the girls got home they got a CAKE POP with their grade!
REPORT ON ADDISON'S FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL:
Addison had a half day of school the first week of school. She was very nervous but was brave to walk in by herself. The first day I wanted to pick her up but they never got the note so I had to pull her off the bus. She seemed so traumatized. Jon picked her up and didn't say a word for hours. We took her to Taco Bell where she finally told me someone stole her twinkle toe keychain(which could of feel off), and when she went to the bathroom someone took all school supplies and the extra set of clothes they were required to bring (the teacher). Sadly Addison was never explained why they took all the stuff. Also when they took her stuff they accidently grab her snack (Later after school the teacher found it and was sad cause here the wellness policy prohibits teacher to give snacks to children.)
So with
1. A lost snack
2. Losing her Twinkle Toe Keychain
3. Losing all her school supplies
You can see why this could traumatize a young first day Kindergartner.
Addison looked so traumatized she came home after Taco Bell and sleep for 3 hours. After prayerfully thinking about the situation Jon mentioned when she wakes up we just need to get her mind off school. He said let's not have her think about it anymore.
Let's take her to Chucky Cheese
(P.S. This would be a second trip there. Our friends made us go one time with them and the girls loved it especially Addison)
Seriously that was the best thing I believe we could do for her. While the girls were having so much fun. Addison pulled me down and said, "I want to go school tomorrow"
Here is MB dropping off the girls. Don't asked me, "what's up with the shades?"
Here is MB dropping off the girls. Don't asked me, "what's up with the shades?"
Can't leave out Mason! SERIOUS THERE IS NOT A MINUTE IN HIS DAY THAT HE'S NOT SMILING. THERE COULDN'T BE A HAPPIER BABY. SERIOUSLY!




3 comments:
Addi can have Millys key chain she got one in her Happy Meal in Chicago.
I told my neighbor about it and she went and bought another one for her. She was so happy!
Your girls are so cute, love their school clothes! Your little man is getting so big, he is darling!! Looks like you guys have been busy having lots of fun. Sorry about the stitches poor Emberlynn! I agree, I think sometimes those things are harder on the mom! It would be fun to get together with you guys... let me know.
Post a Comment