Wednesday, June 20, 2012

{Cold Harbor Springs}

During our Winter Break back in February, Nancy Jones took me and the girls on a fun adventure north to Cold Harbor Springs. It's an 1/2 hour drive up to the north shore. There she introduced me to one of her favorite places and now it's mine. Nancy bought some more beautiful jewelry for me {which makes me think I need a new jewelry box for all that she has given me}, treated us for to lunch at a fabulous fine dinning Mexican Restaurant and we visited many many shops and a famous bookstore "The Book Review". So after talking about it so much I decided to finally take Jon up there during the girls spring break and Jon's vacation.
{I apologize for the watermark. Didn't mean to do that.}


When I came to Cold Harbor Springs the first time I remember seeing this Library, but we had came on a holiday so it wasn't opened, so this time I made sure it was opened and it was our first stop. I must say it's my favorite Library. I wish it was my local library I would visit it on a daily basis.




The children's Group Reading Room was so darling and had a beautiful view.
















 This doesn't surprise the to find MB here. If Mason wasn't sleeping at this time he would of been playing animals with her. It's there favorite thing to do everyday.




Next we did some shopping in Downtown Huntington where Jon was feeling a little rich and bought me some fabulous new shoes! 

I also told Jon he is welcome to take me here one day for a date. So darling!



 I love all the murals in NY. Makes great pictures!






Okay I believe this is Huntington's Park and my oh my I felt like I was in a fairytale  or the movies. It was so beautiful. The geese started to attack us after awhile so our lunch was cut short.















After our day before we headed back we stopped by Gooseberry Grove which we didn't know at the time is one of Long Island best Homemade Ice-Cream shops. While we were eating it we seriously was thinking how nice and creamy and delicious it was. It was no surprise when I saw it in the paper a week later for the one of the best spots for Ice-Cream.










1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

Very Fun. What a great library.