Memorial Weekend was wonderful. We had so much fun together as a family. I saw ads talking about Long Islands second time ever hosting the Tall Ships at Greenport. These ships come from all over the world and they do stops all along the east cost. I was so excited to see them and take my kids but the biggest surprise was we had no idea we were going to have this much fun there.
Here is what our day looked like.
{Greenport is on the Northfork of Long Island. I took us a little less then an 1.5 hours to get there. Far but not too bad. We both were surprised how fast of a drive it was.}
Memorial Day was a really hot day but at least it wasn't humid thankfully. We had to wait in line for a half an hour before we got to see the ships. They were really need to be on board and see these ships.
Can you say "Arrrr?"
Yay all of us in one shot!
My daughters thought I was really immodest. They are right. I really shouldn't be doing this, but I am very proud of my girls for noticing. This is the worst I get so I have to get my kicks somewhere! LOL
Yes I posted way to many photos but I just didn't feel like weeding a lot out I figure my pictures tell the story better then I do.
This town was so much fun and we even found some fun souvenirs to bring home, okay I will admit we bought a lot of stuff and I wanted to buy more too : ), but I did restrain myself. Sometimes we laugh cause when I go into an event or store I have to look at Jon and smile and say, "Okay what's my budget?" LOL Yes I can be a freak at times, but this was one of the first times I got excited about shopping in NY. I have to say I hate shopping around here only because the shops are crowded and picked over and in not very convenient getting there.
We saw this man just on the side sketching. I don't know why but it put a smile on my face probably because I can see myself doing this when I'm older.
This olive Oil Store was Awesome and yes how could I get out of this store without buying some.
This dog {or horse..I'm not sure what you call it} is HUGE!
I just loved everything about Greenport. The ships were amazing and all of us had way too much fun.
Next post will be more about North Fork!
.jpg)
-10.jpg)
-12.jpg)
-11.jpg)
-14.jpg)
-15.jpg)
-16.jpg)
-17.jpg)
-18.jpg)
-20.jpg)
-19.jpg)
-2.jpg)
-22.jpg)
-21.jpg)
-24.jpg)
-25.jpg)
-26.jpg)
-28.jpg)
-27.jpg)
-29.jpg)
-3.jpg)
-30.jpg)
-32.jpg)




-33.jpg)
-31.jpg)
-34.jpg)
-36.jpg)
-35.jpg)
-37.jpg)
-39.jpg)
-38.jpg)
-5.jpg)
-4.jpg)
-41.jpg)
-40.jpg)
-43.jpg)
-42.jpg)
-44.jpg)
-45.jpg)
-46.jpg)
-47.jpg)
-49.jpg)
-48.jpg)
-50.jpg)
-52.jpg)
-53.jpg)
2 comments:
You take such beautiful pictures! I am much impressed!
Super fun!! Those ships are crazy!! Awesome
Post a Comment