Whenever I go home there are a few people who I have to meet. You may think I may go back to my old High School Friends....nope. I go visit my old YW and YM leaders. It was them who I loved and respected so much. One of the greatest thing about them is I knew that they loved and that they still love me today. As a teenager we are always so worried and think about our life {well this was so true about my teenage life}. I didn't give much attention and shame on me to think about their lives, but how great they were they only cared about mine. Oh the stories I could share about each of these leaders/friends of mine.
Bro. & Sis Olson & Bro & Sis McStraw, me, my awesome sister Tanya {who came from UT to see me } and my Daddy-O.
The first story I would like to share is from the YMs President Russ Olson. {the guy standing in back}. He was the funnest guy to talk to the funnest guy to school in basketball : ) hee hee hee. But even how fun he was I will always remember our 3rd Nephi Chapter 11 Challenge to memorize 1-12. If we did he would treat us to a $20.00 Steak Dinner at the Lone Star. If we didn't we owed him so many hours of service {I really didn't know the punishment as well sense I accomplished the goal:) } A lot of youth accomplished the goal and because of that during our memorizing we gained a stronger testimony of our Savior as well as trying to step up our game and become better people not just righteous people but righteous people who attend the temple and the blessings that come from doing so. I am the Adult Gospel Doctrine Teacher in my Large Branch of 140+ active members and just last Sunday I printed the above picture and bore my testimony about the how I love when leaders in the church do unordinary things because they are prompted to do so. Bro. Olson did do that unordinary thing and he blessed so many lives and I kept help but think he was blessed back from the Lord his over 200.00 he spent in Steak Dinners that he fed to the youth that night. I will always remember that great leadership and love that he had for us.
The other Story I would like to share was when my Dad was made 1St Councelor in the Bishopric that day my mom was rushed to the hospital and later found out that she had 6 months to live which ended up being only a month and a half. They just reorganized the Bishopric which you can imagine was going to be a big day for them, having meetings all day. It was no surprise of the understanding that Bishop McStraw {now Pres. McStraw}gave no hesitation for my dad leaving, soon after we arrived I remember this newly called Bishop next to us for the rest of the day, his only worry was about us. His wife Sherri was too at the hospital comforting us. I don't think that comfort would have been so meaning to me if I had not had the great relationship with her all through my YW's and even before then. She continue loving me years later and even now. Both her and her husband came to my Wedding in Salt Lake City and I remember thinking when she hugged me in the Sealing room that that was also a hug from my mother. She warms me so much like my mother and I really do believe she loves me and I just wasn't a girl her in her class she taught. She is an amazing example to me!
I want to share more buy I am getting a massive headache as I type this up getting so emotional as feelings flashback to my memory and it didn't help that I jump on the trampoline with my kids to day and did too many tricks : ).
Enough with the tears one night hanging out we spent Family Home Evening. We played twister with all the kids and don't forget the kids I used to babysit who are all so big and grown up.
Mason thinks he can get in with the big boys. Mason clearly sees a distinction between boys and girls and he prefers the boys.
Twice we hung out at the pool where Melanie Manages at. It was nice to have the pool to ourselves on such hot hot days. We BBQ with the McStaws too.
Here's me putting on my moves being all inspired by the Olympics. We missed me doing a handstand on the ladder bars and pushing off and diving into the kids rings. That pretty much gave me the convinced to say I still have it in me and hope that sustains me for another 10 years : )
Peyton is all ready to go swimming. She's got everything you can think of : )
Kendra & Alix on Cameron's shoulders
Here's Spencer back flipping off Cameron.
I never want to forget this face.
I didn't know Golden was the oldest School in Colorado. and yes Golden High School is still the Demons. {I never understood that}
The sad thing the boys that I used to babysit told me that they took down all the old pictures of kids who made All-Conference and All-State
Mine was up : )
I won MVP Female Athlete for My School my Senior Year.
I think that was my proudest award. Thats my favorite thing about me is being an all around kind of gal. I see a challenge and I'm determined to master it. My weakness is however after I have done that I get bored and have to move on to the next challenge.
I thought it was so sweet to have them say we loved looking up at your picture. Now I'm made that they haven't yet put them up in the new school.
My old Track & Field. Oh the memories of running! blahhhhh. Only reason I went was
The above picture on the right was "M" mountain. It was also called Make-Out Mountain. I will say I never have made out with anyone on that mountain, just for the record.
"G" for Golden High School
Across the street was this old Bowling Aisle. Good times one of my gym classes on Fridays we would hang out here.
Downtown Golden
This is such a fun place to hang out.
Wishing we brought some tubs
The kids were so busy playing with the rocks in the river.
@ Lion's Park
Downstream.
First day Tanya came to Colorado to see me in 2 years. Everyone was so excited.




-102.jpg)
-103.jpg)
-101.jpg)
-105.jpg)
-104.jpg)
-106.jpg)


-108.jpg)
-111.jpg)
-118.jpg)
-109.jpg)
-110.jpg)
-112.jpg)
-113.jpg)
-114.jpg)
-115.jpg)
-116.jpg)
-117.jpg)
-94.jpg)
2 comments:
Next time I'm in Denver I will have to drive by the school. I totally forgot about the bet Russ made us however I do remember eating pepper as another bet and it was super hot!
I will have to go see the High School. That is crazy. Andrea don't you remember you Colorado history Golden was the orginal capital - so of course that would be the oldest high school! It was one of the first settlements!
Post a Comment