So my friends have been trading babysitting so we can have date nights and temple nights. We have really enjoyed. She just had a baby so it will be while until we are switching again, but it was great getting in so many dates that my husband and I were so not used to. I miss dating my husband, so I'm so grateful the last 4 months we have been going on fun, relaxing, inexpensive date night. One we did our Christmas shopping for the girls and even wrapped all the presents, another night we hung out at Barnes and Nobles, other nights we did temple trips, hanging on the beach, ate out of a yummy burger joint called Bobbis Burgers, and another at Panera Bread. When you don't have to pay for a babysitter things are so much less stressful. Usually I'm checking the time and saying we better go or I will have to pay for another hour to the babysitter. We usually drop them off at 6:30 with the pajamas on and pick them up around 11:00 or even later at times. It's been so much fun and of course we do this for them as well. I always feel bad cause they have two kids vs. my four but it actually has been all her idea and I'm cool with going with it. The Hunters are a new family we got here and they are sticking around for 4 years. YAY-well we will be gone in a little over 2 years, but I'm happy their here.
We loved it and I love how much Jon loved it. It really made me think how important it is to travel to South Africa to see where and how he grew up. It's so sad that I don't know that part of my husband, but this night I felt I got a bit of a glimpse.
I fell more in love with my husband and his country this night. We need to go back.
This place was in Brooklyn. We got lucky and got a super close parking spot right next to it free on a friday night! YAY!
These are my favorite and the sauce was to die for. REALLY.
SLAP CHIPS SO THEY call it.
Jon got oxtail soup with lamb and I got Borewoars.{Crud I don't know how to spell it anymore check out my FB for those details} So yummy.
AN UNFORGETTABLE NIGHT!
Here are some sunsets we enjoyed.
Temple Date Night
jon left the key in the ignition, We were looking all over for them and then I looked in the car. The door wasn't even locked. Thank goodness, but Thank goodness are car was still there.
I would love one of these house in Manhattan--if only I was a millionaire.
Here are some sunsets we enjoyed.
Temple Date Night
jon left the key in the ignition, We were looking all over for them and then I looked in the car. The door wasn't even locked. Thank goodness, but Thank goodness are car was still there.
I would love one of these house in Manhattan--if only I was a millionaire.










1 comment:
So glad you have been able to go out more. It is crazy how much babysitting adds up. We just went Friday to the temple with Jared's family and we ate dinner at the temple and did some sealings. Some were going to go for yogurt after but we were already $18 into babysitting. So to add more to that and pay for yogurt we said forget it.
Post a Comment