Sunday, June 22, 2014

{A Christ Centered Christmas}

This year was such a special Christmas for many reasons. One being that Jon's family was coming for Christmas. The other thing and the most important and my favorite is I really wanted to focus Christmas on Christ hence the reason I'm not sure if I'll do the elf thing next year.

We had many FHE and Sunday Night talks/ activitites around Christ. I bought a new book called a Christ Centered Christmas that I incorporated in my lessons twice a week. It was wonderful. It where you would place a piece of the nativity in the creche and learn about the specific animal or person.

I wanted to buy one but Jon had a better idea. He and the kids made this, while I and some other kids worked on the people. It was so beautiful and this I will cherish. Jon is so good on letting the kids do everything. This was so beautiful to me.




I'm sure I will show you the people later.

The next evening we learned about our first person, Mary. The spirit was tangible in our home this evening. Everyone took their turn being mary. What a special evening. The kids were so good and quiet. There was a special peace in our home.






My Childrens faces say it all.












Everyone waited so patiently for their turn too.



On a less spiritual note but still fun here is Alix modeling her winter outfit she put together all on her own.



Addison had a concert at the Nursing home. This is funny cause the kids got to decorate a dreidel or a Christmas Tree {to represent their religion} Don't ask me why Addison picked the dreidel. Maybe it has a lot to do that we live next to so many Jewish people and I love learning about their religion.  ANyway I guess this means I need to teach this little girl a little more about our Religion. hahahaha.









I was also the Mystery Guest for Addison's Class. I came with these cute treats for the kids. I also taught the kids the song "Once there was a Snowman." I also read the Book "Snowman at Night" I also dressed up like a Snowman and had them guess what the theme was as I put on a scarf, carrot nose, and hat.



Addison was a bit embarrassed with my performance only cause Addison doesn't always like to stand out and supposedly I'm the only one who prepared all this stuff for them. When she found out that all the kids loved it, then she felt cool, but she was very uncomfortable. Later on the Teacher told me she never had a parent be so exciting and planned so well with a theme. So I got kudos that day.

No comments: