I remember when I was little living in Colorado we would go to California and stopping in Las Vegas for a night. We would walk through all the casinos and my sisters and I thought it was the coolest thing to collect has many as we could free cups that you put your money in. I'm not an expert about the casinos but I believe they don't have them anymore cause everything is on a card now. Let's just get this straight. I have never gambled once and my life and very proud of the fact. Anyway let's get on with the story. Alix is now starting her collecting piles. Recently it has been on her dresser. She is very proud of this collections. She takes all sorts of stuff throughout the house.
One of my favorite things is to analyze things. I love analyzing dreams and I believe I am really good at it and I don't even have a PHD. But you don't need one to analyze Alix's collection and what it means. Here's what I think.
These are all things that Alix Loves and it completely describes everything about her
My Floral Arrangement- This is one of my creations. Alix loves spending time with me creating is what we call it. She is always by my side watching me, waiting and helping.
This Floral Arrangement I believe represents her love and time that is spent with her mother.
Alix loves America for a long time she thought is was a beautiful girl and every year we would celebrate her Birthday. One of her favorite things is to listen to American songs on her CD player. Many times we have taught about the Nephites who came to America and how it was a blessed land and that we need to be grateful for this land we live in.
I believe the flags represent Security. I believe the three flags represent her creative approach to things.
The Dancing Princess is what we call her. She loves to dance and dance gracefully.
I believe the Dancing Princess is how she portrays herself.
I am a child of God Blocks is something that she painted and knows the words to be true. That she is a Child of God. That He is Important to her. I believe these blocks represent her love for her Heavenly Father.
Thanksgiving Turkey- Okay this one possible was in there just cause she had made it with me and Addi the day before. But if anything I could say it represents our Thankfuls. Every year including this year we put feathers on a paper turkey and write on them what we are thankful for. So I believe this Turkey represent all the things she is Thankful for.
Jon's Pen Holder. This is a pen holder that a doctor gave to Jon to tell him he did a great job. He normal keeps it on what I call our journal desk in our bedroom. It has a bankers lamp on it and every once in a while I see Alix sit at that desk and writes away. She will do this during the day and have the light on too. Just recently she decided she needed the pen holder in her room and she even stole our chair. So I believe this Pen Holder Represents a few things. One that she loves writing and Trust her parents enough to follow in their footsteps.
My Sunglass Case I hope this doesn't represent the love for materialistic things. I had this all the way downstairs and was probably the farthest item from her room. It took me a while to figure this one out, but a bit of thinking I opened it and Alix had some misc stuff inside of it, so this item doesn't represent the thing itself. It represents what it holds inside. --It was money. (I was sounding deep there for a minute wasn't I?) So yes I believe the Sunglass Case represents materialistic things. The other day I was reading the Friend Magazine to Alix and in there was a beautiful story about a mother paying a fast offering to help the people who suffered from a tsunami. When the son saw this he wanted to give all his money to them as well. I told Alix what a wonderful idea that was- she told me she wants to spend her money on a Webkinz. So yes sadly to say the Sunglass Case represents Materialistic Things or Temporal Things.
Lastly we have Jon's Parking School Pass- Again I believe this represents a few different things. Ever since Jon started Medical school Alix has sat down next to him with a paper and pencil and writes words that are found in book. The do this for houses. She does this for hours with him. This is their bounding time. Jon absolutely adores it as well. This shows that Alix loves her dad and knows that studying is very important. I believe through Jon's example Alix loves school so much. So I believe this Parking Pass represents cherished time spent with her dad and love for hardwork.
Okay I'm sure you are thinking "you have way too much time on your hands" and my response to that is, " I wish" I just wanted to record the little things in life.
The second thing you are probably thinking is they probably don't represent anything at all. and my response is "you might be true, but I think I did pretty good."
TRY IT OUT FOR YOURSELF
Next time you dream about a dog running after you think to yourself what are you really running from?
If you don't know you can give me a shot at it!
I believe we do many things subconsciously that our conscious mind doesn't pick up.
P.S. Alix took this picture not me which reiterates that these things are important to her. : ) (I'm totally laughing by the way at all this) : )
1 comment:
Funny, you mention running from the Dog, I think you mean that in a deep way,however the ironic thing is that last night I went on a walk and I had a huge mean dog barking and chasing after me. So I think I was really running from the dog.
I do know what you mean thought in the context of a dream
Post a Comment