Tuesday, November 3, 2009

{Emberlynn's 1st Birthday}

On October 24th Emberlynn turned one. What an exciting day. We invited a few families over to share the big day with us, since my brothers family abandoned us and moved to Colorado. Anyway if this party is looking a lot like mine- well I'll tell you a secret I STOLE ALL HER DECORATIONS (one of the other many reasons why I had a party cause all the hard work was done). I got the colors from Emberlynn's Cupcake outfit and went from there.


Emberlynns 1 year old stats
Height 28.5 inches (25-50%)
Weight 19.2lbs (10-25%)
Head Circumference 46 cm (75%)

As Jon would say "you have a big heed"
(some movie I don't know the name, but it's some scottish guy yelling at his kid to move his big heed a.k.a. head)

I laugh cause I swear those nurses have never measured the head in the same place for any of my three kids. You would think doing it all day they all would get on the same page and know exactly wear to measure but they haven't.

I forgot to take a close up on the party favors again that Roxanne made for me. This time she used pillow boxes and filled them with whoppers then tied them with a darling cupcake ribbon. The label had Emberlynn's name and birth date on it.

Yummy Cupcakes for the guests- but not for Emberlynn!

I was a little embarrassed but we have this little pool outside that has a built in slide and all the kids thought it was the coolest. The embarrassing part was I hadn't cleaned out the bottom of it so it was dirt at the bottom, so all the kids were dirty. Sorry moms! Oh the best part is we had a other slide too but the kids thought this one was the coolest.
Emberlynn you can see loved the pool slide.

Emberlynn got two dolls. One was from Alix and the other was from Addison. We thought it was time Emberlynn got her own. It's not like we don't already have enough-- but Emberlynn was always wanting to play with Addisons.

{Oh funny note- The cheapest dolls are the best dolls. My kids never play with the fancy expensive ones.}

Here's all the kiddos (well we are missing Jackson, Emberlynn and Dawson)

Wrong setting on the camera (whoops)!

hmmmm........HaPpy BiRThdAy tO yOu!


{Me, Daddy and the Birthday Girl}

{Me & the Birthday Girl}

{The Birthday Girl}

IT's funny cause all my girls have used a fork to eat the cake at their one year old birthday. They don't like getting their hands that dirty and none of them has ever stuffed their face with it. They usually take a bit or two and they are done.

***I wish I could say it's cause they don't have a sweet tooth, but that's certainly not true the way they have been eating their Halloween candy : )

This was her ice-cream cupcake with whipping cream and chocolate on top.
YUMMY!



{Things I love about Emberlynn}

Her darling curls
When she scrunches her nose and smiles
She's SO SO Happy
She plays so well will her sisters and wants to be like them
Her darling laugh
Her open mouth kisses
Her beautiful eyes
How she walks around the house with her baby in one arm and a purse in the other
How she give high fives and laughs
Did I mention her laugh? (I need to get that on video)
When she plays and combs my hair
When she tries to feed me her food
Her double hand wrist wave
Her love for books

Emberlynn- I love you and thank you for coming to our home. You have made my life much happier and joyful. I could never ask for a sweeter girl. I hope I can always be the mother you hoped for.

Happy Birthday!

Love, Mom




5 comments:

Julie said...

What a sweet post about your baby girl! Love it!

Brett said...

I cant get over how huge that cake is its bigger than her.

Adrian and Danell said...

Such a cute party! Love her cake!

The Behunin Family Story said...

What a fun party for such a cute little girl. She is so much fun.

Season and Isabella said...

That is one of the sweetest posts ever! I love that! I have to agree with Casandra about the giant cake! That is awesome! What a fabulous mom you are!