Sunday, December 12, 2010

{Trick or Treating On LI}

So Trick-or-Treating starts early here on the Island. Kids were out as early as 11am. At first I thought I would never have enough candy for all these kids. But I was surprised we didn't get hit that much at all and we were out most of the day anyway doing other things.



It was so much fun meeting up with a bunch of neighbors and talking. We went around one block and the kids had a blast. Emberlynn was so darling she loved it. When Emberlynn says "Thank you" she actually says "Come" I believe it's when someone says Thank you to me I say you wel-COME" I think she just confused them at the beginning and just has stuck with "Come" as her Thank You" I really can't get her to say it either, but I think it's darling, so it's not a battle I will fight.

Anyway Emberlynn would say her "Comes" to everyone a few times and show me and Jon what she got everytime and hold it till the next house. It was a sucker then we were in trouble. She wanted it right away.


When we got home we had the girls dump out all there candy and put half of it back in their bags to give to the Elderly people at he Nursing Home. Our neighbors Pete and Liz heard about it and wanted to come so we had company with us. I was so proud of both Alix & Addison who decided not just give them candy they didn't like, but to give them candy they liked too. The elderly people loved them so much and were all shocked that they didn't have anyone we knew there. This lady was a crake-up. She told me after my kids hugged her and gave her candy and said "I FORGOT MY CHECK BOOK" Pete told me to say no worries we can come back.



It was  a fun evening and the ladies at the Nursing home brought out gifts for my girls to say Thank you! or "Come"

2 comments:

Julie said...

Such cute kiddos!

Hiatts said...

Such cute costumes! I bet you made them. Could you email me your new address? kristihiatt@yahoo.com