Tuesday, February 8, 2011

{Christmas On 34th Street}



Okay I have to admit I wasn't too brave this year to try out NYC for the Christmas Season. I figure I have 4 more years to take it all in, so why rush it all in, in one single year. So baby steps for me since you need a great amount of patience to tackle the "GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD" {That's what my Uncle Jerry tells me at least} AT CHRISTMAS TIME.

So here is what I chose to do for the first time. I will admit I wanted to see the Famous Rockefeller Tree but it got too late and immediately wasn't up for it. So instead I wanted to see Santa at Macy's at their Worlds Largest Store and more appropriately located on 34th Street and Broadway!



 Here's pictures of us walking outside the store. The city was beautifully lite up with holiday decor.


 The girls wanted a picture next to this cute snow globe that had the mini coupe inside of it. 


Macy's Windows
Outside Macy's has I would say 8 store windows that as you moved from each one would tell a story about a little girl writing a newspaper editor to see if there really is a Santa Claus. It was really cute to listen to each one as we went from Window to window and watch the scenes move as well.




INSIDE OF MACY'S

TRAVELING  TO AND THROUGH 
THE NORTH POLE 
TO SEE SANTA



Here we are getting on the train to take us to the North Pole. You could even feel the train tracks as we moved over them on the floor. Next we greeting by the Elf's at the Visitor Center.


THE NORTH POLE







 SEEING SANTA
This was amazing. I thought they were really going to rush us through this. I felt like we had our own private session. We never were rushed. We took so many pictures and they didn't care I brought my camera. They even offered to take our family portrait. It was a wonderful time and even afterwards Santa played with little Emberlynn. We were there probably for at least 10 minutes.






I had no idea we were going to have this much fun. It really was a magical place and I loved seeing my girls face. I was really happy cause the traffic in the City was horrendous and we had a hard time finding our parking lot which was the matter of spending $10.00 compared to 35.00. I'm really glad we found it and it was only 2-3 blocks from Macy's.  I was relieved it was really worth it.

2 comments:

The Behunin Family Story said...

So much fun. It all looks so magical!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Such an adventure to see Santa. How fun. I love it.