The day after Christmas we got our first snowfall. The girls were so excited since Santa brought them snow pants, snowshoes, and let's not forget a sled. They were so excited to use it all the next day.
Here are some of many of our great neighbors. I know you have heard so much about them and you think I am over-exaggerating all my friendships with them, but honestly they have been one of my greatest blessings in my life. I know I couldn't do Long Island without them. They make me smile every time I see all of them. I really am living the dream in this neighborhood.
Here are some of the many kids. Terry (the mom) snow blowed us out this morning. For her it wasn't at all a great big service project but for me it brought much humility and thankfulness this day. My husband was even home and once we heard them doing it. I told Jon get out there so we don't look like a bunch of bums sitting in our house. : ) He still didn't do much but after they were down they have a big driveway and a big porch in back that Jon felt he needed to clear for them to say "Thank You." Jon and Craig built a big hill going off their porch for the kids to sled on. It was great! Me on the other hand stayed in. My Vegas blood wasn't quite ready for this YET, into this cold weather and snow. (I know boring mom, but I did come out and snap these pictures.)
Here are the neighbor kids pulling the girls to the back of their house so they can sled.
They are sooooo spoiled.
I caught Emberlynn getting her little scooter out of the garage : ). She learned fast that it wasn't one of her brightest ideas.
Addison getting some snow for the snowman.
Misses SNOWwoMAN herself
Just to show you how much we got.
1 comment:
How fun for the girls to get to play in the snow. We have not gotten hardly any. My kids really miss playing in the snow.
Post a Comment