Friday, February 4, 2011

{Pre-School Projects}

Here are some Pre-School projects we did this year for the month of December. I have to say these projects were my favorite and the kids really got into them. 

Baby Jesus's Manger




Nativity Coloring Book
I just put together some free clipart I found online and made a book for each child to bring home to color.



Sticker Nativity Scene
I got these stickers from Oriental Trading last year and used them on white paper and let the kids color a scene behind them. This year I thought back my days at Dennison & Kyffin Elementary School where we used to tear construction paper and make desert scenes. I loved Art as a child and still can remember a lot of my favorite projects. I was always fascinated by all the different things you can do to create art.


Our Pre-Schoolers
I'm not sure if I talked about this group before, but 2 other moms in our Branch take turns teaching. So every third Thursday from 9:30-12 this is what Addison is doing.  It's a much younger group then my which makes me have to get even more creative to keep them interested. The beginning of the year all they would do is cry and I wanted to cry with them. I wanted to quit cause I was really sick at that time too and didn't want to deal with the extra drama in my life, but I'm really glad I stuck with it cause now if you ask me all the kids LOVE coming to my home and forget free play they just want me to give them more stuff to do. 


Most importantly I'm glad I stuck it out for Addison, cause she's the real reason why I do this and she gets so excited every time she goes to Pre-School with this bunch.

I'm reminded often of the popular quote . . . 

"I never said it would be easy,
 I only said it would be worth it"

No comments: