This hike was almost 3 miles up and back. i was so amazed how all the kids did it. On the way back MB got tired and after 5 minutes walking back she passed out completely in Jon's arms. The hike down goes by so fast cause it's all down hill. We thought about shuttling down for 2.00 a person and kids i believe are free but so glad we didn't. The hike was way more majestic hiking up then down, but let's be real it still was breathtaking. We just knew of some people who shuttled up and only walked down, so i say if you are doing the shuttle then hike up then shuttle down.
Above you can see the cave we entered that got us to walk over the bridge. These Falls were amazing!
i took 451 pictures of our Vacation, the majority were of these Falls. Let's just say this was the hardest post to create and i may feel like i need to do this one over again. i just couldn't decided what pictures to put on. i think i snapped at every step i took.
Thanks to Jon i really got to take this in. He took the kids most of the time while i played with the camera. it was really tricky because we were in and out of light all the time. i could of spend all day there. But that is why some pictures of people are blurry cause i wasn't quickly adjusting my settings as fast as i should of.
These pictures just speak for themselves.
Walking through we realized how much unknown stress was built up and we were weighing down on our shoulders. The moment we entered in we both felt so light, energetic and our minds were so clear.
This next picture was Jon's favorite pocket. it's called "Frowning Crown" He loved all the little pools of water and small waterfalls.
i may be kissing Mason
but i'm not kissing Watkins Glen Goodbye.
i definitely will be back!

5 comments:
What a breathtaking hike. We may have to come and join you! You have some AMAZING pictures.
I can not believe these pictures!!! When I think of New York, I just think of tons and tons of people and buildings and trees that have to be planted in sidewalks because there are no trees. Anyway, that is amazing. I never would have guessed that THAT would be there. So beautiful. Please make a list of things to do when I come there. And add this one on it.
Oh, I don't know how far away this place is but I bet Dad would love to see this too.
SO beautiful!
That isn't the same hike that we did. It's so much nicer. We did the hike at the place where the have the diving board and swimming. We'll have to do that one next time! I'll have to give my family your blog add. so they can see the pics. They're beautiful!
Post a Comment