Thursday, August 23, 2012

{The Locks}

This was one of the things I really wanted to do when I found out I was going to Seattle. I hadn't been there but doing some research online what to do I really wanted to do it. It was so fun and very interesting to see how much work goes into transporting boats from Fresh wAter to Salt Water. So fun and Highly recommend travelers to go see it.


Here's a fun Telephone booth we saw walking to the Locks.


One of the many boats going through. Waiting for the water to drain into the Ocean.


Bella {Danell's Girl} & Trenton {Kristie's Boy}

There was another place for smaller boats going through. This one was fun to watch because you could watch the water lines that were measured on the side seeing how much the water was filling up and draining.

If you look closely you can see the picture on the left how low the water markers are on the wall and compare it to the one on the right how high the water markers are almost touching the top of the cement.


Loved this Tug Boat



OPening the gates {that we walked over } to let the boats through. 


Here it is passing through

Me and my oldest Sister Kristie.
Love her! 
I never knew I was taller then her until this picture! 
Huh... Who's the big sister now!!! : )


Here's another Bridge that has to be lifted. All I kept thinking was . . . This is a lot of work just to get these boats through.



 Here is my very Handsome Dad. Can you believe he is going to turn 73 72 {Thanks Kris}at the end of the month!
 He looks great in my opinion!



Here's that bridge we walked over that they opened to let the boats go through.



Far on the other side of the river there were these cute art pieces.







AFter Mason's nap he found a new best bud! But I'm sure Trenton snagged him away again! I swear I'm not sure how it ever felt me just enjoy the days and taking in things without my worrying so much about my kids. It felt so weird not holding someone, directing someone, disciplining someone : ), chasing someone, consoling someone, entertaining someone..whatever I may be doing with my kids I wasn't doing anything I just found myself most time pushing an empty stroller or just walking and taking more pictures : )



Okay this next picture seriously freaked me out that I was almost screaming. Alix came to me and said she cut herself. All of her fingers were bleeding and she looked so serious about it. To find out it was only juice from berries on a tree she found and thought she was going to be like her dad and make a joke out of it. Well I wasn't laughing until now. : )


So fun to be with family. When we were at the zoo and everyone starting to meet up. We were all walking and I started crying because it was so nice to be with my family again. I missed them so much.



1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

First Dad is only going to be 72! Don't age him any faster. Love the pictures. I have always known how much taller you are! I had a blast with you and we all loved getting to know Mason. Trenton misses him so much!