Before... and AFter....
and what do you know Addison wants another Tangled Party this year... oh dear that will be 3 in a row. Let's hope I can get my thinking cap on and spark her interest somewhere else.
WOW check out all that hair.
At the end of the Residency Year Jon's work as a huge dinner party. Totally Fancy. For how much I like to go I don't always enjoy all the egoistically talk especially from the Surgeons. All the doctors were even sitting next to their particular speciality and seemed to cool to mingle with others. I even had a few girls who so badly wanted to meet me because they are all in love with Jon and tell him straight forward that he's the hottest guy in the program (well that's cause they are a bunch of nerds all of them but yes I will say my nerd is at least cute : ) So after meeting the girls and letting them now they don't have a prayer to steal my hubby away I felt like I did my business there :).
It was an open bar so everyone was tipsy except Jon and I and wow do people say some crazy things. My favorite was from a Plastic Surgeon girl who said she is the reason why people get Plastic Surgery but she has never had any work done WOW really. She told me if feels great to be that kind of model for woman.
The best part is she was so not the hottest lady I have ever seen.
Let's say I had a few WOW-Crazy moments like that so let's say 10 minutes after dinner was over we left.

HOwever I do not want to talk down on this night completely. If anything it was one of my most favorite days too. Here's why..
TEXT talk . ..
Jon 4:45pm Hey I'm coming home to go to a stupid dinner tonight. Do you want to come?
Me4:46pm What really? What time?
Jon:4:50ish 7 it's formal.
Me: Okay let's see if I can get a babysitter on a thursday school night.
Jon: Great
I then got off the phone and called Nancy aka Grandma and asked her if she could come over ASAP basically. She didn't think twice ran over got pizza and donuts for the kids and I frantically tried to rummage through everything I had for the fanciest dress I owned. I finally settled on my Senior Prom Dress. (don't ask me why I still have it). OF course I had to pin up two of the slits so I could stay modest and we were all good. I can't believe I didn't get a full shot picture of us, but we were running late cause I couldn't find a shoe that I liked with it.
The funnest part of this evening was when Nancy came and saved the day with taking care of the kids, giving me advise and yes telling me what to do. I realized at that moment that is what my mom used to do and I miss that. Nancy brought that back to me and I love her so much for that. She found solutions to all my problems, she pinned up my dress, she had me not think a little about the kids and just to think about me, I worried about my shoes forever and told me there was a Payless close by to the place we were eating and just buy a new pair (I totally was going to and thought that was a genius idea) at that moment I realized my mom was there and has been with me on so many occasions. Nancy said everything my mom would of said and laughed with me at all the craziesness of this night and never said this is last minute don't go (like I was saying in my head) she made it work and it worked out great.) I loved that she pinned my dress while it was still on me, I loved that she thought I looked stunning the moment she saw me not only by her words but in her face. Mom's don't lie they can't.
I told Jon that this night was one of my favorite nights not because of the party we attended but the party that I was at --at home with Nancy getting ready.
I apologize for these random thoughts that were not at all organized, but I wanted to write down this moment before I forgot all about it.
Here is another random shot . ..
This it what the girls gave their teachers at the end of the school year.






No comments:
Post a Comment