So here is the start of our one month long vacation. For a little background information my SIL works for Alaska Airlines and got me Stand by tickets to Seattle and Denver. The bad thing we have to fly out of Newark Airport (45-50minute drive with no traffic). We got there thinking we had plenty of space 18 seats available in fact. We even got on the plane and they asked us to get off then half way off the plane they told us to stay. Waiting seriously 40 minutes the Captain really didn't want to kick a mother off with 4 kids and the Flight Attendant Lady was seriously crying when they told us the front accidentally bumped our names to the next flight and couldn't bring us back to the flight. So we were so sad, but I had a positive attitude knowing things happen. the kids surprisingly had a good attitude about it but were a bit disappointed. I was so proud how well my kids did too through security and the airport. Seriously they made me look good. Here we are looking the planes. We haven't been on a plane for a little over 2 years.
The night flight was completely booked so we had to wait 2 days later to finally try again. Sunday morning we tried again, barely missed it. Jon picked us up and we found a church in Newark to go to. IT was crazy business bldg and we met a little boy named Usher. :) I later found out that the parents didn't name him Usher he just likes to be called that. (i'm not sure what is worse). But it was amazing to see the church run in such a humble way. We see it all the time on Long Island too. The primary begged us to stay for a baptism so we did sense my girls were basically were asked to sing with 2 other kids for the baptism. We then came to Liberty Park to kill so more time before we had to catch the next flight out.
This was a fun place to discover however around newark was not so much of a pretty sight. When Jon would drop us off he would go to the Newark Hospital where he used to work 2 months out the year. It was his favorite hospital cause it's crazy busy and they let him do all kinds if surgeries there. He will go back again sometime this year. He's so excited.
Well we barely got on the night flight. They had the perfect amount of seats. We were so amazed how many seats get purchased the last 2 hours of the flight, but my SIL said she never had seen anything that crazy before. But we were so happy to finally start our vacation. The emotional stress of thinking your going and not going was wearing on me.
The girls loved the flight and they were so good. Here's Alix doing a puzzle. I love the pictures of three kids sleeping. Everyone would walk by and say how I needed to take a picture of it. {I had already did of course}
Okay here is the wildest thing I have ever done. and I am happy to report WE DID IT!!!!!
Addison pushing her cart, Alix pushing hers and I'm pushing the stroller. We unloaded, loaded a shuttle , got of the shuttle to rental car place and got into our rental. WE LOOKED NUTS BUT WE LAUGHED THE WHOLE WAY--Oh by the way it's 130am NY time.





1 comment:
I am so impressed that you braved the airlines with 4 kids, alone! You brave, brave woman!
Post a Comment