While we were in Salt Lake Aunt Kiki wanted to treat my girls to Hogle Zoo and that's what she did. The girls were so excited especailly Addi who's second time going to a zoo and the first time she was too little to really enjoy it. Aunt Kiki was so nice and fun with the kids. It's a trip we will all remember.
This time of year was a great time to visit the zoo cause they had lots of babies. It's rare that you will ever see a baby elephant. This was my first time ever seeing one myself. It was so cute. I was so amazed how fun it was too. It was playing like a little baby. Here it is trying to stand on the log with all four legs and it did it for a second or two. It was also hitting the ball around too.
I love baby giraffes. In fact giraffes are my favorite zoo animal, but I have to say it maybe the baby elephant now. Anyway I love giraffes. I remember in the 4th grade doing a huge report about giraffes and I had to draw one too and I loved my drawing. I also remember back then being so fascinated by the long neck and other fun facts.


This picture is a bit hard with the fence (which I am grateful for). Here is a tiger with her cubs. The mom was eyeballing us a lot. I could only imagine what she was thinking.
I think I am missing pictures in my camera. I took a lot of pictures with Kristie's camera but I remember switching cameras in case it was going to take another 3 months to get my cd from her -ha ha Kristie. But anyway this next picture Aunt Kiki paid extra for all the kids to go on the carousel as well. Kiki wanted to know which animal each child would pick. Because Kiki wanted to take pictures and all of the kids needed someone to go with them. They all took a turn one at a time and I got to go I believe 4 times. Lucky me! I only got a picture of Alix cause she didn't need me to be with her.
Alix chose the Polar Bear- Addison chose Lion King. Emberlynn sat on the giraffe cause it's my favorite. Cal chose the Peacock (which was pretty and big- but it didn't go up and down. I tried to explain it to him but he was set on that peacock and it didn't mind him he wasn't going up and down.) Cade chose the Tiger.
So I think Aunt Kiki thinks there is some connection between the kids personalities and what animal they chose to ride on the carousel. If so Addi is definitely fits the Lion description of being loud, daring, and aggressive and Alix is the cuddle sweet pure white bear. As for me picking the giraffe, maybe I like to reach for high goals or I just like to be lean skinny and tall : )
Danell's kids however Cal being a peacock and Cade being a Tiger well I can't analyze that. Maybe Kiki can.
Aunt Kiki kept them and then wrote on them and gave them back to them later on our trip. And to top everything off. She then treated us all to my favorite eating spot--CAFE RIO!
THANK AUNT KIKI FOR A WONDERFUL DAY! YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL, EXCITING, PLAYFUL, ADVENTUROUS, UNSELFISH, KIND, FUNNY AUNT EVER!!!
P.S. I need a copy of all the pictures!
2 comments:
Glad that Kristie lives by me I guess my kids will go to the Zoo weekly.
I am so glad that your girls had fun. I had a blast with them. Andrea you are too nice- thanks for all the great things you said about me.
Post a Comment