Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{13th STOP- Akron, Ohio}

Our Last stop before we got to NY was Ohio. We drove for 10 hours this day and stopped at our old friends house in Akron, Ohio. When we first got married we lived in a community called Sugar House. It's near the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. I absolutely loved this area. Anyway it was our first married ward Jon and I went to. We laughed cause the joke in the ward that described the ward was "Newlywed or Mostly dead."

Well anyway one of are great friends Nate & Susan were there and we had so many fond memories. We both were Stake then Ward missionaries together. I got the fun privilege of being the Gospel Essentials teacher as well. We basically only had one investigator the whole time and there were I think 4 missionary couples in there listening to my lesson. Finally after maybe a year this investigator said, "Wait! am I the only investigator here? You guys aren't investigators?" We all smiled and said, "Nope, You're it. " You would think that ended him coming but he still stuck around. I'm not sure what happened to him.

To continue about Nate & Susan when we arrived that's all we talked about was the good old days. Nate is now the Bishop in their ward. It's amazing to see how wonderful all the people in the Sugar House Ward are. They all have amazing talents to share with the world. Many of them are on my blogroll too.

It was a Monday night so when we arrived we finished up having FHE with them. For the Activity we hid an orange while the kids took turns finding it. For the treat/ 2nd Activity the kids decorated and ate yummy sugar cookies. I think I even made and enjoyed one too.

Nate & Susan were wonderful hosts and I'm sad I didn't get a picture of all of us, but here's one with all the kiddos decorated their cookies.



We went to bed really late then we woke up really early the next morning to travel to our NEW HOME on Long Island.


THANKS NATE & SUSAN FOR LETTING US STAY WITH YOU GUYS! WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!

2 comments:

The Behunin Family Story said...

It is always fun to see old friends. Glad you had a good time.

Susan said...

Andrea & Jon-

We loved having you and your beautiful girls here for a few hours. Hopefully it won't be so many years til we see you again! :)

Love, Susan