
Our next stop took us to my great uncle Arnold's Farm. Unfortunately we had the farm house to our selves cause my uncle now lives in a nursing home. It makes me sad that my days playing on the farm our coming to end. My parents used to take us to the farm once even twice a year. I believe it was those times where I learned how to work hard. I remember thinking when I was younger and even asking my uncle why he has to do all his chores every day. His response was if I don't do them then no one will. Crops wont grow, the animals would die with no food. The farm would be none existent. Little did I know my uncle was talking about the "Law of the Harvest." In today's society people hate the thought of working really hard now for finally affording something later. They want things now rather then later. Also you sow what you reap. You can't get peaches from an apple tree seed. So they same as our lives. We can't expected our children to love books if we don't read to them. The trip to the farm especially these last few trips have been quite spiritual to me. I have found in most cases quiet places are the best places to receive divine inspiration and to meditate on life & the universe.
Jon found us in the Green Machine swinging and playing in it.
We also around around the farm, drove tractors, tried to catch frogs (thanks to Kristie for leaving them there) -no success though. We stayed for 2 nights and left the next morning bright and earlier for Missouri.
2 comments:
I love the time that I get to spend at the farm. I really can feel our family there. I am glad that you had fun.
I am glad that you were able to stop and see Uncle Arnold, I bet he loved every minute of it! I miss the farm
Post a Comment