Liberty Jail was so wonderful and one of my families favorite stops. It was wonderful to have this our next stop. The spirit struck me so strong. The children were engaged with the visitors center.
The tour started in a upstairs room. They had the original keys to liberty jail while the Community of has the original door. They had pictures of LIberty Jail. I didn't realize how small it was and how little light was in the jail. After a brief introduction they brought us to the basement where they had a live scaled replica of the jail. It was amazing as they talked about every room and the story of Joseph and his friends in the jail.
The sister missionary asked Alix to old the flashlight and point it to each person in the jail as she talked about it. Alix did such a great job and took her job very seriously. I don't think the light ever bounced around. She was great and excited to help.
At the end, the sister missionary caught me off guard and in a quite dark room sang a solo " Be Still My Soul." It was so powerful and beautiful and very appropriately. It didn't at all feel rehearsed or planned. It was lovely. Because there was no pictures taken during the tour only afterwards of course we spend our time taking pictures for other people that we didn't get any for ourselves cause they were kicking us out for the next tour. Anyway you can see a little bit of it in one of the pictures with Emberlynn.
1 comment:
I would have loved to be. How Powerful I bet that was. What a wonderful experience for your children. Way to go Alix. That was a big job. Last year when we went to Wind cave Kylee and Cody got to be little tour guides. They loved it. I cannot wait for your next post.
Post a Comment