My sister Kristie is so awesome. She volunteered to read with my Alix everyday M-TH after school. Alix loves this. I love that Alix has Aunt Kiki number in her little notepad and I rarely have to remind her that she needs to call her.
For how much I don't want to admit this I will say it anyway that is as lessened my load and made after school homework activities, cooking dinner run more smooth and less stressful. During this time Addison and I usually do her homework as I multitask in cooking dinner. Addison and Alix don't have to get frustrated trying to fight for my attention anymore.
This definitely is a labor of love that comes from my sister. She still is a busy mom of three who volunteers at the schools in the mornings and only has maybe a few clear hours a day before her kids get home from school. I'm so blessed to have her in my life to help me and show by example a great way to follow. I only wish that I could repay a quarter of what she has done for me, but she keeps getting more and more ahead.
Feeding 6 missionaries at our home. Yes we went to 4 to 6. The branch is increasing so much sense we have been here and with all the new missionaries coming out they gave us more in the area. Now we have 4 sister missionaries and 2 Elders. Elder Campbell {in the far back next to Jon} from the summer came back to our Branch. We were so excited cause we loved playing volleyball with him, so hopefully we can do that again when the weather starts warming up.
They asked Jon if he could come in and talk about South Africa to Alix's class sense they were studying about it in school.
Jon had a really fun time teaching them about the place were he grew up. With the help of Jons dad and sister who collected photos for his presentation he did really good. The kids had so many questions and the teacher allowed him to tai 45 minutes.
I brought the two little ones too. They were a bit distracting but oh well. Everyone didn't seem to mind.
Alix got to come home with us sense it was almost time to go home. Alix was so proud to have her dad come to her school and all the kids in her classroom loved it too. Jon never complained either that he was post call and didn't get a wink of sleep. He's such an awesome dad.
1 comment:
This comment is for Alix -- Alix thank you for one of the best times of the day! I look forward to getting your call and listening to you read. You make me laugh! Thank you for giving me back something that I have not done in a while! You are the best! I love you!
Post a Comment