Jon takes the train into Lower Manhattan 4 months out the year. January & February were some of those months. One day when Jon was post call we decided to head to Valley Stream 10 minutes away. The plan was Jon comes out and grab the kids and take them to the next stop in Lynbrook.
Well it didn't work quite that way. I talked to Jon 5 minutes away to ask what train car he was in. He confirmed the first one so we waited till the train approached. The Train conductor saw and talked to us and I asked if I could quickly peek in to see if Jon was on the train. I couldn't see him but I was kind of in a panic cause he was suppose to come out. The train conductor told me he couldn't hold the train, so I said goodbye.
I called Jon and sure enough he fell asleep. : )
Here we are waiting for dad to pick the kids up {sense they ride for free}
Mason has been so into trains recently. He loves hearing and seeing the train. Sense we live 2-3 blocks away from one we see them almost daily has we take the kids to the school. He gets so excited like it was his first time seeing them.
I was really paranoid about my 2 littlest ones being on the platforms. I thought I was going to have a heart attack as I let them go to take a photo. I may not do that again with someone else even though they were so good and was scared to get too close......{good}
Well we headed to the Lynbrook Train Station where Jon took them for a longer and funner train ride right to our Malverne train station. Once they got off they played at the park then walked home. This was 2 hours later. {I guess that was Jon's way to make up for missing them in Valley Stream}
Jon took the rest of these photos.... I do not approve of this one {kids running around}
They made it safely on the train...thankfully.
A fun day with Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment