My first baby turned 9 years old. How can this happen? Why does she grow so fast? Can I turn back time and relive her last 9 years?
Alix has been so much fun to watch grow. She is smart, funny, kind, the biggest help a mother could ask for, forgiving, hardworking, happy and sassy. These are just a few of her wonderful talents and characteristics.
Alix is really into Science lately. For Christmas she wanted a telescope and every science book out there. So we decided to throw her a family Science party. I don't know why I have been so against friend parties lately, I mean they don't bother me, but I really just love celebrating with just the family. We did invited the Jone's of course cause they would show up anyway so it's better to just plan them for the party. This time Bro. JOnes being an anatomy teacher helped me out so much on this party. He got petri dishes for me, droppers, books to rip photos out of, a skeleton and figurines. He made the party as cute as it was. He is awesome so thank you!
H20 of course
First everyone needed to figure out what their name was in Mad Science World.
Meet Alix aka Fluffy Nicklebubble
Jon was in charge of the Science Experiments. He did a great job.
Mason loved his.....
We filled balloons with some baking soda and dumped it in vinegar. Everyone loved this.
Next we tested out different chemicals in our house with the hight PH levels. I really should have JOn write this part cause I really don't know. So look it up before trying anything. Sorry I'm not a better reference. I would be better if I was on the ball and typed this up the day after Alix's Birthday but sense I'm months late this is what I got.
You then had to put them in order using the color code of highest PH Levels to lowest.
These strips came from Bro Jones
This one was cool. Everyone loved this one.
Here we watched the paint bounce away. Again sorry look it up I can't remember how it did it.
Here's my petri dishes filled with jello and worms.
We had atom balls made from cantelope
Time to open presents
Welcome Furby to our family!
I really like Furby the kids love him too! I know some parents can't handle furby's but not me. They are hilarious how they work and how you have to feed them with the iPhone to keep them happy, but don't feed them the wrong foods. And they love to be with other furby's
Sonicare toothbrush. Alix has tears of joy,, okay probably not she always gets tired of me asking her did you brush your teeth.
Okay in the Jones's gave her everything in her hand and what's in front of her has well down to the darling outfit. So sweet of them.
This was a yummy grasshopper oreo cake I made. I combined two recipes and it ended up being so fabulous. I wish I wrote it down so I could make again. But you know how organized I can be : )
STOP GROWING ALIX!!!!!! but if you have to I want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Alix. That is such a fun birthday! Your kids are growing up so fast. (not as fast as mine but still fast)
Post a Comment