Wednesday, April 3, 2013

{Like Father Like Daughter}



LIBERTY SCIECE CENTER
NEW JERSEY

One very cold day we to a 40 minute drive to Jersey to visit the Liberty Science Center. It was so cold so I have no pictures of the outside that over looks the city. Its a really pretty space and very fun and educational. All the kids had fun. 

One of the first classes we had to take was..

HOW TO BECOME A SURGEON

I winked at Jon and told him to start taking notes and told him to ask his boss if this counts for his lecture hours? :-)

Alix was so excited that they chose her to help them demonstrate what a surgeon does.



She was even happier when she chose her to be the head Surgeon on the case. {Jon was jealous cause it took him months of practice to get his first Head Surgeon Case}


Here's my little Surgeon. 


The little boy next to Alix is my older sister friend growing up son. They live in Connecticut but only his wife and kids were there playing. It was still fun to see them sense I really adore the Barlow Family.


I loved this presentation, partially because Alix was the star of the show and did almost everything.


Here's the banana all bandaged up after taking the unknown object out of his belly {the staple}



Dr. Alix and her Patient "the banana"



Then we headed on so more doctor scientist stuff. The girls loved finding out which kids were sick.



 We found some few to look out at the Statue of Liberty. You can see it {neither can I from this picture} but in real life it's there. It was so cloudy and gloomy it was hard to see it.


Here's a view of lower Manhattan




MB loved all the animals. She said this was her favorite.{until we saw the next one. LOL}

Yes, and Jon had to play too. I did too. How can you resist. These Museums are not just for kids : )


We could tell that Mason's little brain was completely active and wild has he so curiously tried to figure everything out on his own. He wanted no help. He just wanted to discover it on his own. I love him. 


Only in NY well Jersey {IT'S CLOSE ENOUGH} they would have a graffiti wall to color on! It's ART OUT HERE!



EVERYONE LOVED THE TURTLES WE SAT HERE LOOKING AT THEM FOREVER YOU WOULD OF thought I got a better picture but I didn't. Mason did not want to leave them.


Me and Addi Playing around.





This was cool it went all the way up to the ceiling and JOn would move it around. 



Alix and I were both tall enough to go inside here to see what a Hurricane feels like. I feel like I already know what it feels like and I don't need a fake one. This was weak sauce : ).


Alix, Jon and me got to walk on these bad boys. It was very fun. Addison barely missed it. Next time I'm sure she will be tall enough to go. 




Don't fall Jon-Boy!
{I say that like my dad would say it}




Jons' Hospital has one of these babies, but he has never used it..YET. But he has been incases where he watches. Behind him you get to practice using it on a WII nunchucks. and what do you know Jon killed us all! I guess that shouldn't surprise me.