Thursday, April 4, 2013

{Flushing -Chinese New Year Parade- Gangnam Style}


Chinese New Year Parade
We had so much fun heading to Flushing, Queens for their Chinese New Year Parade. We thought it was so much fun to see. We didn't realize we were the only White people there. We actually didn't think anything of it until we noticed EVERY TV station and camera was on us. Asking question after question: LIke why did we decide to come today. Everyone was Chinese except for us. Even the people standing next to us took our picture and told us they were going to send it in the News Station cause they are prizes out for the best pictures at the event. So I guess our White mugs were gold out here or there's some joke that we don't get. 

We laugh cause everytime we go to Disneyland and are around chinese people they always stop and take pictures of my kids. Everytime. 



Here are some of the girls that interviewed us. I had to snap at them as they were filming and snapping at us. 


Here she is filming us again : ). We were FAMOUS THIS DAY! There was one reporter that didn't stop Jon laughed cause the chinese guy with the camera told the reporter to interview us but she said no {JOn said cause she was Latino} All the chinese people wanted to interview us for Diversity baby! I think Jon was offended : )LOL


Anyway we love the Chinese Culture. I love all the bright colors the beautiful customer and apparrell that they wear. All of it is so fascinating to me. I love Traditions and they have so many fun ones; such as, If you are handed a red envelope its suppose to give you good luck all year. Both Alix and Addison was handed a red envelope.





I figure the Chinese must know something too cause they have been 100% right on guesses what the sex of my babies will be. 





Such fun things to look at. This is the year of the snake! 



Love this girl. How cute is she.


I love watching all the dragon go through, that is the big reason why I wanted to go. Such a fun culture.













They also broke out in Gangnam Style. This was Hilarious!


Look at him go!


I love these fun Balloon People



 We were so glad we went. I'm sure we will go again.






Here's my Mason



 Love this Old man!


I warmed up in this place and of course we had to snag a few goodies. 





Jon eating the yummiest thing in the world. It was a Sesame Doughnut Roll  {well that what I call it} 
JOn and I each got one and after eating them we were so surprised how good they were and the texture was amazing and chewing so we had to go back and buy 4 more for the road!

I seriously crave these things once a week. I'm waiting for my father-in-law to come visit to give me an excuse to head to Flushing. 2 more weeks baby!




Also my favorite thing is Macarons




OH YUMMM! I never have been obsessed so much over bakeries till I moved to NY! They have so many great ones!


1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

Very cool parade. I love to celebrate Chinese New Year. Who does not love Chinese food. I would have loved to go there!